Brunswick County, Virginia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
(message boards | DNA)
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
*Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
*Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
*Identify publications, to quote [[Elizabeth Shown Mills|Elizabeth Shown Mills]], about an ancestor's "FAN Club" ['''F'''riends, '''A'''ssociates, and '''N'''eighbors]
*Identify publications, to quote [[Elizabeth Shown Mills|Elizabeth Shown Mills]], about an ancestor's "FAN Club" ['''F'''riends, '''A'''ssociates, and '''N'''eighbors]
=== General ===
=== General ===
|Line 168:||Line 184:|
Revision as of 18:01, 11 November 2011United States Virginia Virginia Genealogy Brunswick County Genealogy
- Main article: Brunswick County, Virginia
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- Brunswick County, VA Genealogy Forum, courtesy: GenForum.
- Brunswick - Family History & Genealogy Message Board, courtesy: Ancestry.
Brunswick County, Virginia Surnames (courtesy: Linkpendium) contains links to more than 145 online resources about this county's families, including compiled genealogies.
Brunswick County family records and biographies are available in USGenWeb Archives:
- Bible Records, Brunswick County, Virginia USGenWeb Archives
- Biographies, Brunswick County, Virginia USGenWeb Archives
Compiled genealogies treating multiple county families include:
- Pritchett, John W. Southside Virginia Genealogies. CD-ROM. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 2007. Free online index, courtesy: Virginians - The Family History of John W. Pritchett. [Includes a great deal of information about residents of Brunswick County, see discussion of cited sources.] FHL Collection CD-ROM no. 3887; purchase at Virginians.com.
- [Abernathy] Abernathy, Elizabeth Denty. The Abernathy Family. Pulaski, Tenn.: Pulaski Citizen Print, 1929. FHL Film 1303262 Item 3
- [Adams] Hampton, Estelline Adams. John Adams, Esquire (III), Ancestors and Descendants. Houston, Texas: E.A. Hampton, 1976?. FHL Film982157 Item 7; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Andrews] Allen, Maude B. Will of Joseph Andrews, 1774. Typescript, 1936. FHL Film 1597819 Item 5 Includes genealogical annotations.
- [Austin] Curtis, Janet Austin. "Southside Virginia Austins," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 5, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1961):147-154. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 5 (1961).
- [Austin] Widener, Ruth S. A History of My Austin-Anderson Families in Virginia and West Virginia. Dallas, Texas: n.p., 1977. FHL Book 929.273 Au76c
- [Austin] Sutherland, William Hubert, Hetty Swindall Sutherland, Elihu Jasper Sutherland, and Thora McElrath Sutherland. Swindall and Austin Families of Virginia and North Carolina: and Related Families Including Abdon, Addington, Alexanser, Allen, Bently, Beverly, Golling, Brown, Browning, Buchanan, Bullock, Calloway, Campbell, Childress, Clark(e), Clore, Corporon, Countiss, Craft, Curtwight, Davis, Dotson, Edwards, Elliott, Elsber(r)y (bury), Enochs, Fleming, Fletcher, Freeman, Graham, Grizzle, Hamilton, Hash, Hawkins, Hayden, Heaberlin, Hibbitts, Hillman, Holohan, Hopkins, Hubbard, Hughes, Hughes, Johnson, Keene, Kennedy, Killen, Landreth, Leavene, Martin, Mat(t)hews, May (s), Maxey, McCoy, McFall, McPee(a)k, Meade, Miller, Moberly, Moore, Mullins, Noet, Phillips, Phipps, Piner, Potter, Powers, Ragland, Rector, Reed, Renfro, Richards, Rife, Riley, Roberson, Rose, Rouse, Scott, Shepherd, Short(t), Smith, Sowards, Stallard, Stanley, Stanley, Stephens, Sturgill, Taylor, Thomas, Tipps, Townes, Tyler, Vane, Vanover, Watkins, Whitaker, White, Willis, Wilson, W(h)itt, Wood(s), Wright and Y(e)ager. [Clintwood, Virginia]: H.J.S. Sutherland, c1995. FHL Book 929.273 Sw63sw
- [Barrow] Barrow, David and James V. Clark. 1795 Diary of Reverend David Barrow: Pioneer Minister - Anti-Slavery Spokesman - Founder of South Quay Baptist Church, Southampton, Va. 1776: Wilderness Travels from Virginia through North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Miami and Scioto Valleys in Northwest Territory from May to September, 1795: Index of Names, Places. Knightstown, Ind.: Bookmark, 1980. FHL Book 921.73 A1 no. 765
- [Barrow] Curtis, Oscar F. Barrow Research File. MSS. Microfilmed 1989: FHL Film 1638367 Item 30
- [Batte] Hamiln, Charles Hughes. "Batte and Allied Families: Genealogical Research Reports to a Client," The National Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 60, No. 1 (Mar. 1972):8-12; Vol. 60, No. 2 (June 1972):103-107; Vol. 60, No. 3 (Sep. 1972):207-212. FHL Book 973 B2ng v. 60
- [Blaylock] Marek, Barbara Blaylock. George Henry Blaylock of Virginia, Chatham Co., NC, Ohio: Probable Family Line -- References and Records. Eagan, Minn.: B.B. Marek, 2000. FHL Book 929.273 B614m; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Branscom] Branscome, Cleatie. Branscom, Branscome, Branscomb, Branscombe. n.p.: C. Branscome, 1985?. FHL Book 929.273 B735bc
- [Branscum] Branscum, Mary Lou. Branscum and Related Families of Stone County. Timbo, Ark.: M.L. Branscum, [198-?]. FHL Book 929.273 B735bm
- [Bray] Reece, Edna B. The Brays of Fisher River. 2 vols. Jonesville, N.C.: E.B. Reece, 1970-c1982. FHL Book 929.273 B739re
- [Brewer] Ingersoll, Louise. Lanier: A Genealogy of the Family Who Came to Virginia and Their French Ancestors in London. Washington, D.C.: Goetz Printing Company, 1965. Digital version at World Vital Records ($).
- [Brown] Johnson, Lillian Brown and Susan Garretson Daniel. My Findings. 2 vols. Madison, Tenn.: L.V. Brown-Johnson, 1987-1991. FHL Book 929.273 B812jo
- [Caldwell] Anjou, Gustave. Caldwell [Family Genealogical Data], 1273-1871. Typescript. Microfilmed 1973: FHL Film 908834 Item 1
- [Caldwell] Caldwell, Jack L. A Personal Glimpse of My Line of Caldwell's: Allied Families, Hill, Cartwright, Hornbuckle, Davis, Paine, Woolbright, Stephenson, Blackman, Stubblefield, Payne, Moore, Waller, Curry, Woodard, Hollis, Sappington, Findly, Tollisons, Barrow, McIntosh, Cochran, Parker, Fleckenstein, Bledsoe, Rogers, Pitts, Shepherd. Macon, Ga.: J.L. Caldwell, 1981. FHL Book 929.273 A1 no. 3183
- [Cheely] Soukup, Janine Cheely. Cheely Connections & Descendants. San Diego, Calif.: Janine Cheely Soukup, 1982. FHL Book 929.273 C414s
- [Cheek] Williams, Jeffrey Lewis. The Cheek Family Chronicles: of America, England and Australia, a 700 Year History. Plymouth, Mich.: Pilgrim Press, 2004. FHL Book 929.273 C414wj
- [Clack] Pierrepont, Alice V.D. John Clack of Brunswick Co., Va. Typescript, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Va. Genealogical Notes [Collection], Box 1, Cla. FHL 29883 Item 1
- [Claiborne] Claiborne, John Herbert. Seventy-five Years in Old Virginia: With Some Account of the Life of the Author and Some History of the People Amongst Whom His Lot was Cast, Their Character, Their Condition, and Their Conduct Before the War, During the War and After the War. Bowie, Md.: Heritage Books, 1994. FHL Book 975.5 H2cL 1994; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
- [Clayton] Byars, Neva Fern Young. Claytons of Virginia: Isle of Wight County and Brunswick County. MSS. FHL 929.273 C579bn
- [Collier] Collier, Leroy and Mildred English Collier. Some Collier Families and Folks They're Kin To. Bowling Green, Ky.: L. & M. Collier, 1981. FHL Book 929.273 A1 no. 7733
- [Cook] Woodson, Mary Lawrence Cook and Peyton Sagendorf Moncure. A History of the Cook Family. Typescript, 1870. FHL Film 1033600 Item 8
- [Crowder] Crowder, Thomas Warren and Phyllis (Hoggatt) Crowder. "Mark and Anne (Barlow) Crowder of Brunswick County, Virginia," The Genealogist, Vol. 20, No. 1 (Spring 2006):3-43.
- [Darden] Darden, Newton Jasper and Leroy W. Tilton. Darden Family History with Notes on Ancestry of Allied Families: Washington, Lanier, Burch, Strozier, Dodson, Pyles, McNair, Barnett: A Memorial of Derden-Durden-Dardens of the United States of America, Particularly in Virginia, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, and Texas. Washington, D.C., 1957. FHL Film 461302 Item 6
- [Dearden] See Darden.
- [Doyle] Doyle Family Information, Brunswick County, Virginia, ca. 1849-1964. MSS., microfilmed 1975. FHL 908797 Item 7
- [Doyle] Doyle, Leigh Silfred. The Doyles from Winona Farm, Dinwiddie County, VA. n.p.: L.S. Doyle, 2003. FHL Collection 929.273 D772dL
- [Doyle] Doyle, Leigh Silfred. The Doyles from Brunswick County Adsit, VA, near Smoky Ordinary, VA. n.p.: L.S. Doyle, 2005. FHL 929.273 D772dLs
- [Dromgoole] Dromgoole Memorial Service. 1974. FHL Book 929.273 A1 no. 1128
- [Dugger] McCurley, Troy Saul Kilpatrick. The Dugger Family (Incomplete). 1961. FHL Book 929.273 D879mt
- [Duke] Duke, Walter Garland. Henry Duke, Councilor, His Descendants and Connections. Richmond, Va.: Dietz Press, 1949. Digital version at Family History Archives; FHL Book 929.273 D885d.
- [Duke] Brandenberger, Evelyn Duke. The Duke Family. 2 vols. [Houston, Texas]: E.D. Brandenberger, 1979-1995. FHL Book 929.273 D885b v. 1-v. 2.
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795592 Item 5 Includes Accomack County.
- [Dunn] Starks, Lily Ray. The Drury Dunn Descendants. Glendale, Calif.: Starks, 1960. FHL Book 929.273 A1 no. 341
- [Edmunds] Edmunds, Mary Stuart Green. "Edmunds Family," Tyler's Quarterly Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 17 (1935-1936):59-63, 111-117, 193-199. Reprinted in Genealogies of Virginia Families from Tyler's Quarterly Historical and Genealogical Magazine. Volume I: Albidgton-Gerlache. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing Company, Inc., 1981. Free Name Search; publisher's bookstore: Genealogical.com; FHL Book 975.5 D2gvf v. 1.
- [Edwards] Bendall, Lucy Lee and Annie May Bendall. Dscendants [sic] of Edwards, Stones, Rose, Bendall and Connecting Families: Data Obtained from the Family Records, Wills, Courthouse Records and the Library of Congress, Dec. 15, 1940. n.p.: A.K. Bendall, 1946. FHL Film 1429813 Item 10
- [Edwards] Dixon, Elizabeth Williamson. Col. Nathaniel Edwards Family of Brunswick Co., Va. [and] Col. William Eaton Family of Granville Co., N.C. Ancestry and Descendants of These Two Men. Typescript, National Library, DAR. Microfilmed 1971. FHL 872806 Item 7
- [Fowler] Traver, Jerome D. Fowler of Virginia and North Carolina. Typescript. Microfilmed 1990: FHL Film 1728456 Item 5
- [Green] Staubach, Emilee Mills. Greens of South Side Virginia. MSS. Copy: FHL Film 288185
- [Green] Brandenberger, Evelyn Duke. The Duke Family. 2 vols. [Houston, Texas]: E.D. Brandenberger, 1979-1995. FHL Book 929.273 D885b v. 1-v. 2.
- [Grigg] Ra, Isa. A Grigg Family: From 1732 - 2004, Some Descendants of Sabra Elam and Burrell Grigg with Ancestry to William Grigg I, 5,837 Descendants in 10 Generations Named Herein. Olney, Ill.: I. Ra, 2004. FHL Book 929.273 G876ri
- [Harris] Harris: Family Genealogical Data, ca. 1525-1928. MSS. Microfilmed 1985: FHL Film 1035774 Item 30
- [Harwell] McBryde, Mary Harwell. A Journey Through the Past to the Present of My Harwell Family. Oklahoma City, Okla.: M.H. McBryde, [1976?]. FHL Book 929.273 H264a
- [Hathcock] Hathcock, Douglas Wilburn and Debra J. Baugh. Hathcock Family History. 10 vols. Huntsville, Ala.: D.W. Hathcock, 1970-. FHL Book 929.273 H281 ha v. 1-10
- [Hathcock] A Research Note on the Origins of the Hathcock / Heathcock / Haithcock Families of Southampton County, Virginia 1740 - 1840. Typescript. Smithfield Branch of the Isle of Wight Library, Smithfield, Va. Microfilmed 1991: FHL Film 1753001 Item 5
- [Hathcock] Hathcock, Douglas Wilburn. "Joseph Hathcock - Brunswick Co., Virginia," The Hathcock Family Research Project. MSS., 1991. FHL Film 1697912 Item 5
- [Hawthorn] Hawthorne, Julian A. The Descendants of John Alfred Hawthorn of Brunswick County, Virginia. Richmond, Va.: J.A. Hawthorne, 1981. FHL 929.273 H318hj
- [Haymore] Lemmond, Cheri Hager. The Taylor Families of Old Charles City County, Virginia and Their Haymore Connections. Corpus Christi, Texas: C.H. Lemmond, 1987. FHL Book 929.273 T212Lc
- [Haywood] Haywood, James Eldred. Haywood Family Roots, Traces and Trails--West from Virginia, 1650 --- 1992, and It's Many Affilliated [sic] Branches. Sacramento, Calif.: J.E. Haywood, 1993. FHL Book 929.273 H336hj
- [Hicks] Lidwin, Virginia Pegues. Hicks Family Records from Virginia County and State Records. Typescript, National Library, D.A.R. Microfilmed 1971: FHL Film 875139 Item 4
- [Hicks] Lidwin, Virginia Pegues. Hicks, Pegues, and Related Families: From Records in South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Mississippi. Typescript, National Library, D.A.R. Microfilmed 1971: FHL Film 875139 Item 5
- [Hill] Byrd, Helen Norris. Two Norris, Two Hills, Two Smiths & Other Families: Ancestors of My Father, James Thomas Norris, 1872 TX-1953 FL. Tampa, Fla.: H.N. Byrd, 1996. FHL Book 929.273 N794b
- [House] Howse, Mary Margaret McKinnie and Bob Moore. The Lawrence House Family and His Progeny. MSS. Microfilmed 1978: FHL Film 1036175 Item 9
- [Howse] Mitchell, Mary Ann. The House of Howses. Jackson, Tenn.: M.A. Mitchell, c1988. FHL Book 929.273 H847m
- [Hubbard] Quarles Family Notes, ca. 1720-1810. MSS. Library of Virginia. Genealogical Notes [Collection] Box 10, Qua. FHL Film 29887 Item 1
- [Huff] Huff, G. Arnold and Bryant Huff. John Huff of Gwinnett County, Georgia. Lawrenceville, Ga.: John Huff Book, 1996. FHL Book 929.273 H872hga
- [Humphries] "Charles Humphries of Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 7, No. 3 (Summer 1979):188-190. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 7
- [Jackson] Staubach, Emilee Mills. Mills, Jackson Families Early Court Records, Southside Virginia, Brunswick, Greensville. MSS., Clayton Library, Houston, Texas. Microfilmed 1982. FHL 1317275 Item 1
- [Jackson] Sellards, Harry Leon. Their Life in the Land: A Family History of Jackson, Thompson, Lett, Copley, Wilson, Williamson and Their Kinsmen. DeLeon Springs, Fla.: H.L. Sellards Jr., 1985. FHL Book 929.273 J138sh
- [Jean] Jean, Arthur Glenn. The Jean Family of North Carolina and Tennessee. Boulder, Colo.: A.G. Jean, 1993. FHL Book 929.273 J341ja
- [Jolly] Raney, Augustus Monroe. Raneys, Jollys, and Trotters of Smoky Ordinary, Brunswick County, Virginia: Their Ancestors and Descendants, 1988. Atlanta, Ga.: A.M. Raney, 1988. FHL 929.273 R16r
- [Johnson] Mathis, Edna Mae Puckett. These Charts of the Johnson Family. Typescript. Microfilmed 1982: FHL Film 1035912 Item 10
- [Johnson] Young, Cindy Sermersheim. The Arthur Johnson Family. MSS., Family Records Collection, Princeton Public Library (Princeton, Indiana). John. Copy: FHL Film 1435483
- [Jones] Jones, Walter Burgwyn. John Burgwin, Carolinian: John Jones, Virginian; Their Ancestors and Descendants. Montgomery, Ala.: W.B. Jones, 1913. FHL Film 1321114 Item 3; digital versions at Family History Archives; Internet Archives.
- [Jones] Jones, Sallie Cargill, Walter Maxwell Boykin, and Sara Lee Jones. Family Items. Metairie, La.: W. Boykin, Jr., 1983?. FHL Book 929.273 J71jsc
- [Jones] Mahar, J. Daniel. Notes on Granville Families & Their Origins in Virginia: Gooch, Sneed, Dudley, Jones, Ragland, Obriant: Allied Families Including: Bennett, Brereton, Bressie, Claiborne, Clement, Frazier, Harris, Hester, Howard, Hudson, Irby, Jeter, Lawrence, Lea, Mayes, Merritt, Minter, Parker, Patterson, Peed, Pettus, Pinkard, Royster, Terry, Thweatt, Twitty, Walker, Williams: & Some Notes on Inividuals and Families Enslaved by the Above Granville Families. 2 vols. San Francisco, Calif.: J.D. Mahar, 1998. FHL Book 929.273 G59m v. 1-v. 2
- [King] Galau, Jeane K. Henry King (1657/8-1743) of Virginia and His Mother Juliana. Menasha, Wisc.: J.K. Galau, [198-]. FHL Book 929.273 K582g
- [King] Blankenship, Gayle King. Families of Warren, Franklin, and Granville counties, North Carolina and Virginia Ancestry: King, Tharrington, Shearin, and Timberlake. Poquoson, Va.: G.K. Blankenship, 1989. FHL Book 929.273 K58bL
- [Lacy] Huggard, Rose H. Descendants of Benjamin 1. Lacy. 1995?. FHL Book 929.273 L119d
- [Lanier] Ingersoll, Louise. Lanier: A Genealogy of the Family Who Came to Virginia and Their French Ancestors in London. Washington, D.C.: Goetz Printing Company, 1965. Digital version at World Vital Records ($).
- [Latimer] Schonk, Robert M. Latimers and Medlocks from 1675 to 1998 Especially in Brunswick County, Virginia and Hancock County, Georgia. MSS., microfilmed 2000. FHL 1425187 Item 5
- [Lawson] Lawson, Fred Raulston. The Lawsons of East Tennessee. Decatur, Ga.: Looking Glass Books, 1999. FHL 929.273 L444Lf.
- [Ledbetter] Peters, Mary Ledbetter Morgan. The Richard Ledbetter Family of Rutherford Co. North Carolina. Fort Lauderdale, Fla.: M. Peters, 1969. FHL Book 929.273 L498p
- [Lee] Lang, Orlene R. and Lazelle Parsons Long. William Lee and Peter Lee, from Brunswick County, Virginia to Johnston & Sampson Counties, North Carolina. Bartlesville, Okla.: Lang, 1975. FHL 929.273 L516L
- [Lightfoot] Lightfoot, Mary Hestand and Mable Lightfoot Yokley. John Lightfoot of Brunswick Co., Virginia and Some of His Descendants. Livermore, Calif.: M.H. Lightfoot, 1996. FHL 929.273 L626Lm
- [Lloyd] Collins, Betty Scanlan and Gerald E. Collins. Thomas Lloyd of Brunswick County, Virginia and Orange County, North Carolina Some of His Descendants Who Lived in North Carolina, Georgia, Arkansas, Tennessee and Other Points. Silver Spring, Md.: B.S. Collins, 2000?. FHL 929.273 L778c; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Lynch] Lynch, John Nelson. Our People. 1907; updated edition: Los Angeles, Calif.: L.D. Lynch, 1994. FHL Book 929.273 L991Lj
- [Mabry] Mabry, Herbert Norris and Norris Kemp Mabry. They Went Before: Characteristics and Careers of Significant People. Statesboro, Ga.: Lewis Printing, 1977. FHL Book 929.273 M115mh
- [Maclin] Bond, Octavia Louise Zollicoffer. The Family Chronicle and Kinship Book of Maclin, Clack, Cocke, Carter, Taylor, Cross, Gordon and Other Related American Lineages. Nashville, Tenn.: McDaniel Printing Co., 1928. FHL Book 929.273 M225b; digital version at Ancestry ($).
- [Malone] Cain, Stith Malone. "The Malone Family of Southside Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 13, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1969):99-105. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 13 (1969).
- [Malone] Westfall, Dawn Watts. Spencer-Brizendine-Malone Families of Trigg County, Kentucky. High Springs, Fla.: D.W. Westfall, 1995. FHL Book 929.273 Sp33w
- [Marshall] Turner, Alienne Wiggins. John Marshall, Sr. Genealogy and History of Some of the De[s]cendants of John Marshall, Sr. of Brunswick County, Virginia, 1732-1956. Henderson, N.C.: A.W. Turner, 1956. FHL 929.273 A1 no. 1968
- [Martin] Fagg, Jenny Martin. A Family History of Thomas Martin Sr., a North Carolinian, American Revolutionary Soldier. Fort Worth, Texas: Arrow-Curtis Printing, 1976. FHL Book 929.273 M365a
- [Massie] Boddie, Mrs. John Bennett. Historical Southern Families. Volume XVIII. Baltimore, Md., 1973. FHL Book 975 D2b v. 18.
- [Massie] Avant, David A. Florida Pioneers and Their Alabama, Georgia, Carolina, Maryland and Virginia Ancestors. Tallahassee, Fla.: L'Avant Studios, 1974. FHL Book 929.273 Av34a.
- [Massie] Wise Family of North Carolina - Virginia. Typescript. Microfilmed 1978: FHL Film 1036817 Item 17
- [Matthews] Matthews, William Kennon. Luke Matthews of Brunswick County, Virginia, 1739-1788, and His Descendants. Kobe, Japan: H. Kodama, Printer, 1937?. FHL 1321002 Item 4; digital version at Ancestry ($).
- [Mileham] Wilbanks, Robert M. The History of a Southern Family. Scottsdale, Ariz.: R.M. Wilbanks, 1984. FHL Book 929.273 M589w
- [Mills] Staubach, Emilee Mills. Mills, Jackson Families Early Court Records, Southside Virginia, Brunswick, Greensville. MSS., Clayton Library, Houston, Texas. Microfilmed 1982. FHL 1317275 Item 1
- [Mize] Mize, Joel Sanford, Claudia Chitwood Weller, and Jessie Julia Mize. Mize Genealogy in America. Athens, Ga.: J.J. Mize, 1984. FHL Book 929.273 M699mw
- [Morgan] Engels, Mary Pearl. A Southern Mosaic: The Ancestors and Descendants of William G. Morgan & Rutha Sledge Morgan, 1700-1982. Forrest City, Ark.: M.P. Engels, 1983. FHL Book 929.273 M823e
- [Moss] Moss, T.C. The David Moss Family: Green, Adair, Boyle, Barren, Hart, and Warren Co., Ky.; Williamson and Maury Co., Tenn.; Mississippi. Memphis, Tenn.: T.C. Moss, 1968. FHL Book 929.273 M855mo
- [Myrick] Brandenberger, Evelyn Duke. The Duke Family. 2 vols. [Houston, Texas]: E.D. Brandenberger, 1979-1995. FHL Book 929.273 D885b v. 1-v. 2.
- [Nanney] Fussell, Lynn E. Descendants of John Nanney Sr. ca. 1719-1785 of Virginia. Richardson, Texas: L.E. Fussell, 1993. FHL Book 929.273 N155f
- [Newman] Boogher, William F. Gleanings of Virginia History: An Historical and Genealogical Collection, Largely from Original Sources. Washington: n.p., 1903. Available at FHL; digital version at Google Books. [Includes a chapter titled "Genealogy of the Newman Family, 1618-1900," see Table of Contents; discusses Newmans of Brunswick County.]
- [Parker] Parker, John M. Parker and Spurlock Family History. Mission Viejo, Calif.: J.M. Parker, 1987. FHL Book 929.273 P226p
- [Parrish] Whitesell, Lois Church. Parrish, Davis and Allied Families: 1830s in Clark and Edgar Counties, Illinois; 1850s in Putnam and Sullivan Counties, Missouri. Edmond, Okla.: L.C. Whitesell, 2005. FHL Book 929.273 P249wL; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Pearson] Rabold, Mary Moltenberry. The Pearson Family of Brunswick County, Virginia. Bowling Green, Ky.: M. Rabold, . FHL 929.273 P317r
- [Pennington] Pennington: Family Genealogical Data. MSS., Harrison County Public Library, Corydon, Ind. Microfilmed 1985: FHL Film 1412130 Item 9
- [Perrin] Harrison, Thomas Perrin and Thomas Chiles Perrin. The Honorable Thomas Chiles Perrin of Abbeville, South Carolina: Forebears and Descendants. Greenville, S.C.: N.M. Perrin, c1983. FHL Book 929.273 P428h
- [Phillips] Doliante, J. Sharon Johnson. Genealogical Serendipity. Vol. I. Families of: Greene, Scoggin, White, Dyer, Griggs, Hurt, Mackey, Phillips and Others. Alexandria, Va. 1965.
- [Pritchett] Pritchett, William McCaddin. Two Hundred Years - 1765 to 1965: A Preliminary Report on the Family of William Pritchett Sr. Dallas, Texas: W.M. Pritchett, 1965. FHL Book 929.273 P939pwm
- [Pritchett] Pritchett, William McCaddin. The James Edward Pritchett Family of Brunswick County, Virginia. Dallas, Texas: W.M. Pritchett, [1967?]. FHL 929.273 P939pw
- [Pritchett] Pritchett, Carr W. Pritchett and Allied Families, ca. 1740-1972. MSS., Warren County Historical Museum, Warrenton, Mo. Microfilmed 1988: FHL Film 1547664 Item 5
- [Raney] Raney, Augustus Monroe. Raneys, Jollys, and Trotters of Smoky Ordinary, Brunswick County, Virginia: Their Ancestors and Descendants, 1988. Atlanta, Ga.: A.M. Raney, 1988. FHL 929.273 R16r
- [Riddell] Ridlon, G.T. History of the Ancient Ryedales, Vol. 2. Manchester, New Hampshire: Self-published, 1884. See section "Riddells of Brunswick County, Virginia," pp. 341-342. Digital version in Google Books.
- [Rivers] Rivers, W.W. A Partial Genealogical History of the Huguenot Branch of the Rivers-Jenkins Family, 1697-1937. Tupelo, Miss.: E.J. Simpson, 1937. FHL Book 929.273 R524rw.
- [Robertson] Kelley, Sarah Foster. Scotch-Irish Origins of General James Robertson. College Grove, Tenn.: S.F. Kelley, 2000. FHL Book 929.273 R547ks
- [Rose] Rose, Christine. Abstracts of Early Virginia Rose Estates: Wills, Inventories, Accounts and Administrator's Bonds before 1850. San Jose, Calif.: Rose Family Bulletin, 1972. FHL US/CAN Book 975.5 A1 no. 56; digital version at Heritage Quest Online ($).
- [Rose] Boddie, Mrs. John Bennett. Historical Southern Families. Volume XX. Baltimore, Md., 1975.FHL Book 975 D2b v. 20
- [Sadler] Smola, Joan C. Sadler/Saddler a Record of the Family and the Descendants of Thomas Sadler, Sr. 1720- 1796 and Rebeccah Featherston 1722-1796/99 of Brunswick County Virginia. Sapulpa, Okla.: J. Smola, 1994. FHL 929.273 Sa15s; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Seawell] Seawell, Ben Lee. The Genealogy, with Historical and Personal Comments, of the Known Descendants of col. Benjamin Seawell, Sr. and Lucy Hicks. South Pasadena, Calif.: Seawell, 1935. FHL Film 1011923 Item 4
- [Shearman] Campbell, Maryland Meadows. John Shearman (Died 1784, Granville Co., NC). Phoenix, Ariz.: M.M. Campbell, 1994. FHL Book 929.273 Sh31c
- [Simmons] Bjorkman, Gwen Boyer. The Descendants of Peter Simmons, Brunswick County, Virginia: With Allied Lines of Hiatt, Mills, Patton, James, Harless, and McGriff. Bellevue, Wash.: unknown, 1973. FHL 929.273 Si47bj; digital version at Ancestry ($).
- [Smith] Belcher, Connie Gilbreath. A Genealogy of the John Hampton Family of Lawrence Co., Alabama: and Other Ancestral Line of descent of Draper--Peirsey--Hill--Charles-- Lockey--Collier--Myhill--Flood--Smith--Harris--Vines. Huntsville, Ala.: C.G. Belcher, 1988. FHL Book 929.273 H189bc
- [Stith] Turnbull, Judge Needham. Stith Family of Brunswick County, Virginia. MSS., 1965. FHL 875392 Item 3
- [Symes] Morris, Jane. Adams Symes and His Descendants. Little Rock, Ark.: J. Morris, 1938. FHL Film 1454567 Item 1
- [Tatum] Yeager, Cimmaron Carrol, Ronnie Dean Tatum and Julius P. Tatum. The Tatum Family. Ft. Worth, Texas: C.C. Yeager & R.D. Tatum, 1982. FHL Book 929.273 T189y
- [Taylor] Lemmond, Cheri Hager. The Taylor Families of Old Charles City County, Virginia and Their Haymore Connections. Corpus Christi, Texas: C.H. Lemmond, 1987. FHL Book 929.273 T212Lc
- [Threadgill] Miller, Janis H., Francis Dycus Threadgill and Wordna Threadgill Wicker. Threadgills in America: A Colonial American Family. 2 vols. Baltimore, Md.: Deford, 1971-1983. FHL Book 929.273 T41m v.1-v.2
- [Towns] McCarthy, Lynette Nolen. David Towns (1730-1777) Descendants of Warren County, North Carolina. Normal, Ill.: J.N. McCarthy, 1982. FHL Book 929.273 T662m
- [Trotter] Trotter, Susie Eager. Trotter Genealogy, The Virginia-Tennessee-Mississippi Trotter Line, 1725-1948. Louisville, Ky.: Mayes Printing, 1948. FHL Film 1401448
- [Tudor] Rutherford, Dolores Crumrine. Abstracts of Virginia Families: Vol. 1. MSS. Microfilmed 1990: FHL Film 1597677 Item 12
- [Turner] Walker, Anne Kendrick. The Storied Kendalls; With Historical and Genealogical Records of Scottish and Allied Families. Richmond, Va.: Dietz Press, 1947. FHL Film 1321266 Item 2
- [Turner] Brandenberger, Evelyn Duke. The Duke Family. 2 vols. [Houston, Texas]: E.D. Brandenberger, 1979-1995. FHL Book 929.273 D885b v. 1-v. 2.
- [Twitty] Allen, Cameron. "Anderson-Herbert-Wynne: A Correction; and a Further Wynne Descent through the Wyatt and Twitty Families," The American Genealogist, Vol. 37 (1961):234-240; Vol. 38 (1962):13-19. FHL Collection 973 D25aga v. 38; digital version at American Ancestors ($).
- [Upchurch] West, Belle Lewter. Upchurch Family of England, Virginia, and North Carolina. Durham, N.C.: B.L. West, 1972. FHL Book 929.273 Up1w.
- [Walpole] Walpole, Albert Grayson. Genealogy of the Walpole Family: A Thousand Years or More. n.p.: A.G. Walpole, 1988. FHL Book 929.273 W165w
- [Walton] Black, Roy W. Walton Family of Brunswick & Greensville Counties, Virginia and Morgan & Putnam Counties, Georgia. Typescript, 1955. FHL 875417 Item 7
- [Walton] Gottschalk, Kathrine Cox. The Walton Family of Virginia: Abstracts from County Court Houses in Virginia. Typescript, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Va. Genealogical Notes [Collection] Box 16, Walt. FHL Film 29889 Item 2
- [Walton] Tinney, Joseph C. The Walltons of Brunswick County, Virginia: Descendants of George and Elizabeth (Rowe) Walton. Waco, Texas: J.C. Tinney, 1983. FHL 929.273 W159tj. Google Books page (without preview).
- [Wilson] Miller, James Fuller. Pearl Lucinda Ray Miller, 1880-1977: Her Life and Her Background in America's History. Whittier, Calif.?: J.F. Miller, 1998. FHL Book 929.273 W691m
- [Wise] Wise, Holly L. and Hazel L. Wise Hetlage. History of a Family Named Wise: Other Names Listed in This Record are as Follows: Thomas, Mungle, Stillwell, Shacklett, Hardin, Marr, Lawhon, Parker, Howard, Massie. Typescript. Microfilmed 1974: FHL Film 960383 Item 4
- [Woodruff] Woodruff, Audrey Lee Wagner. Tall Trees in the Forest: The Woodruff Family of Virginia, Alabama, and Missouri. 1966. New and revised edition. FHL Book 929.273 W86b
- [Woodruff] Woodruff, Howard W.The Woodroof-Woodrough-Woodruff Family: of Surry, Brunswick, Greensville Counties, Virginia, 1700-1825, and Some Branches Who Migrated to Tennessee, Alabama, Missouri, Texas, 1820-1985. Independence, Mo.: A.L. Woodruff, 1985. FHL 929.273 W86w; digital version at Internet Archive. [Revised and updated version of Tall Trees in the Forest (1966).]
- [Young] Cowles, Calvin Duvall. Young Family Tree Memorial and Family Tree of Michael Cadet Young of Brunswick County, Va., and of His Descendants, 16-- to 1895. Washington, D.C.: C.D. Cowles, 1895. FHL 1454595 Item 8
- [Young] Young, Walter Jorgensen. The Young Family of Bristol. Fredericksburg, Va.: C.A. Carmichael, 1937. FHL Film 1429813 Item 5; see also FHL Film 1421492
- ↑ Gustave Anjou was known for producing fraudulent genealogies. His material should be carefully analyzed before being accepted.
- ↑ Name Search at Genealogical.com is a comprehensive name index to 638 books and CDs published or reprinted by Genealogical Publishing Company (now Genealogical.com). For a complete list of the works included, see Publications in Name Search at Genealogical.com
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback