Bryneglwys, DenbighshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
"A parish in the hundred of Yale, county of Denbigh, 5 miles (N.W.) from Llangollen, containing 450 inhabitants. This parish is situated among mountains of various elevations, and characterized by boldness of scenery.... The church is a small edifice, having no claim to architectural notice. There are place of worship for Cavinistic and Wesleyan Methodists." [A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833, Samuel Lewis]
"It is divided into the townships of Bodynwydag, Bryntangor, Fanybedwell, Gwrthrina, and Llan." [Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72, John Marius Wilson]
For more information see Bryneglwys, Denbighshire at genuki.org.uk
|before 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Denbighshire|
Church Records (Nonconformist)
The following records have been published:
- Capel Sion (Calvinistic Methodist) - Baptisms (1820-1837): C101411
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464322. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Bryneglwys Parish Church at Clwyd FHS