Burke County, Georgia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
1777--Burke County was created 5 February 1777 from St. George Parish. County seat: Waynesboro 
1825 and 1856 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Aiken County, South Carolina
- Allendale County, South Carolina
- Barnwell County, South Carolina
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News