Burleigh County, North Dakota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Burleigh County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Burleigh County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||January 4, 1873|
|Address|| Burleigh County Courthouse|
514 E Thayer Ave
PO Box 5518
Bismarck, ND 58501-4413
Burleigh County Website
Clerk District Court has marriage and probate records from 1898,
Court Records from 1876 and burial records from 1950’s
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Burleigh County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in North Dakota.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Burleigh County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Burleigh County Genealogy (North Dakota Genealogy)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Burleigh County, North Dakota. Page 522 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 13 August, 2012)
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More