Butler County, Alabama GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1853 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Alabama Minorities has information specific to Alabama African Americans.
- Union Baptist Cemetery
- St. Paul Methodist Church Cemetery
- St. Luke Cemetery
- New Prospect Methodist Church
- Brooks Chapel
- Little Brown Church
- South Butler Cemetery
- Ebenezer West Cemetery
- Smith Family Cemetery
- Elizabeth Cemetery
- Oakey Streek Cemetery
- Stamps Cemetery
- The May Cemetery
- The Springhill Cemetery
- Pressley Cemetery
- Bennett Cemetery
- Consolation Primitive Baptist Church
|Sources: "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml. through 1960|
A free collection of obituaries and death notices from various funeral homes in the Butler County area has been put together by GenealogyBuffs.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Butler County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News