Butler County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Butler County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Butler County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||August 30, 1855|
|County Seat||El Dorado|
|Address|| Butler County Courthouse|
200.W. Central Ave.
El Dorado, Kansas 67042-2101
Butler County Courthouse
200 W Central Avenue
El Dorado, KS 67042
County Clerk has birth and death records 1887-1912
and land records from 1887.
Clerk District Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court records. 
1855--Butler County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: El Dorado 
Men from Butler county enlisted in the 9th Kansas Infantry Regiment, Company L.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Butler County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Butler County, Kansas 248 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News