Butler County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Butler County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Butler County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||February 27, 1849|
|County Seat||Poplar Bluff|
|Address|| Butler County Courthouse|
100 N Main Street
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
Butler County Website
Recorder of Deeds has marriage and land records from 1849;
Probate court has probate records from 1849; County Clerk
has birth and death records 1883-1893
See an interactive map of Butler County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing Butler County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
Butler County, Missouri Online Historical Directories - identifies historical city, county, business and other directories available online on both free and pay-to-access websites.
- Map of Butler County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Butler County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Butler County, Missouri. Page 398 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here