Caddo Parish, LouisianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Caddo Parish Louisiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Caddo Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||January 18, 1838|
|Address|| 501 Texas Street|
Shreveport, LA 71101
- 1838--Caddo Parish was created 18 January 1838 from Natchitoches Parish.
Parish seat: Shreveport 
See an interactive map of Caddo Parish boundary changes. (map also shows parish boundaries for census years)
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Cass County, Texas
- Harrison County, Texas
- Lafayette County, Arkansas
- Marion County, Texas
- Miller County, Arkansas
- Panola County, Texas
- Red River
A volunteer through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness is willing to search a collection of slave data covering Caddo Parish.
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
- Oakland Cemetery, Shreveport BillionGraves
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- USGW Digital Map Collection ~ USGenWeb Project
Louisiana Probate Records ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects
- Louisiana Archives ~ USGenWeb Archives Project *Family History Library Catalog
- Caddo Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed., Caddo Parish, Louisiana p. 289 (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback