Caldwell County, Kentucky GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Kentucky-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Caldwell County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||January 31, 1809|
- Caldwell County Courthouse Annex
105 W. Court Square
Princeton, Ky. 42445
Caldwell Co., Ky. Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caldwell_County,_Kentucky
Was formed from Livingston County in 1809. Before that, modern-day Caldwell County was part of Christian, Logan, and Lincoln Counties--Lincoln County being one of the three original counties in Kentucky.
- Ky. County Formations http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~harrisonrep/Census/kycounty.htm
The courthouse fire on 15 Dec 1864 destroyed some records
Places / Localities
|Cedar Bluff||Flat Rock||Needmore||Smith Ford|
|Claxton||Fredonia||Otter Pond||The Bluff|
|Cobb||Friendship||Princeton||Tom Gray Ford|
|Creswell||Harper Ford||Pumpkin Center||Utley Ford|
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
- Caldwell Co., Ky. African American Griots http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kyafamer/Caldwell/caldwell.htm
- Caldwell Co., KY Cemeteries http://westernkyhistory.org/caldwellcemetery/
- Ken Gilkey list of Caldwell Co., Cemeteries and their location http://www.westernkyhistory.org/crittenden/caldcem.html
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Caldwell County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Caldwell Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Caldwell County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Caldwell County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- Some Caldwell Co., Ky. Churches http://westernkyhistory.org/caldwellcemetery/
- Caldwell Co., Ky. Churches http://princetonky.org/Churches.htm
- Caldwell Co., Ky. Circuit Court http://courts.ky.gov/counties/Caldwell/
- Fiscal Court http://www.caldwellcounty.ky.gov/departments/fiscal.htm
- Caldwell Co., Ky. County Court Clerk http://www.caldwellcounty.ky.gov/elected/coclerk.htm
- US GenWeb Archives 1810 Court Records http://files.usgwarchives.org/ky/caldwell/court/court-004.txt
- 1835 Court Minutes http://westernkyhistory.org/caldwellcemetery/caldcocourtrecs.html
- Caldwell Co., Ky. Reference Map http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/ReferenceMapFramesetServlet?_bm=y&-geo_id=05000US21033&-_yp=1997%20Economic%20Census&-tree_id=961&-_lang=en
- United States Digital Map Library http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~usgenweb/maps/
- Department of Revenue http://revenue.ky.gov/taxpro/CountyInformation/caldwellco/
- Military Caldwell Co., Ky. Cemeteries http://westernkyhistory.org/caldwellcemetery/
- WW II Memorial- Caldwell http://www.wwiimemorial.com/default.asp?page=registry.asp&subpage=search&drawtable=YES&Lastname=&firstname=&hometown=Princeton&state=KY&dbcode=&curpage=1
- WWII Memorial- Fredonia http://www.wwiimemorial.com/default.asp?page=registry.asp&subpage=search&drawtable=YES&Lastname=&firstname=&hometown=Fredonia&state=KY&dbcode=&curpage=1
- Caldwell Co., KyGenWeb Military Research http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kycaldw2/cindexmilitary.htm
Times Leader Newspaper http://www.timesleader.net/articles/sections/main/
- 1857-58 Delinquent Tax List http://westernkyhistory.org/caldwellcemetery/caldcocourtrecs.html
- Birth Records 1911-1930 Caldwell Co., KyGenWeb http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kycaldw2/cldwellbths.html
- KY Death Records http://vitals.rootsweb.ancestry.com/ky/death/search.cgi
- KY Vital records Project http://kyvitals.com/index.php
- Caldwell Co., Ky. Unmarked Burials http://westernkyhistory.org/caldwellcemetery/unmarkedburials.html
- Caldwell Co., Ky. County Court Records http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kycaldw2/clerkrecordsearch.htm
- Ky Vital records Index http://ukcc.uky.edu/vitalrec/
- Caldwell Co., Ky. Message Board http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.kentucky.counties.caldwell/mb.ashx
- Morgan's Funeral Home (Recent Obits) http://www.morgansfuneralhome.com/?pagetype=memlist
Societies and Libraries
- George Coon Public Library http://www2.youseemore.com/georgecoon/Default.asp?
- Glenn Martin Genealogy Research Library http://westernkyhistory.org/caldwellcemetery/genealogycenter.html
- Caldwell Co., Ky. Historical Society http://westernkyhistory.org/caldwellcemetery/cldwellhistsoc.html
- Caldwell Co., Ky. Genealogy Society http://westernkyhistory.org/caldwellcemetery/caldgensoc.html
- Fredonia Valley Heritage Society http://westernkyhistory.org/caldwellcemetery/fredvalleyhertsoc.html
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News