Caldwell Parish, Louisiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Caldwell Parish Louisiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Caldwell Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1838|
- 1838--Caldwell Parish was created 6 March 1838 from Catahoula and Ouachita Parishes.
Parish seat: Columbia 
See an interactive map of Caldwell Parish boundary changes. (map also shows parish boundaries for census years)
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- Otis A. Biggs
- Jahleal Boatner
- John R. Brown
- Stephen H. Brown, M.D.
- James R. Cottingham
- Capt. Anthony Wayne Faulkner
- John Wesley James
- Irby B. May, M.D
- George Washington Murphey
- John Pugh
- C.P. Thornhill
- Frances Marion Thornhill, M.D.
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
- Adams Cemetery
- Bethany Cemetery
- Brown Cemetery
- Columbia Hills Cemetery
- Cross Roads Cemetery
- Fellowship Cemetery
- Hebert Cemetery
- Little Star Cemetery
- McDaniel Cemetery
- Mount Pleasant Cemetery
- Old Bethel Cemetery
- Old Union Cemetery
- Palestine Cemetery
- Welcome Home Cemetery
|Caldwell Parish Census Data|
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- 1840 Caldwell Parish Census Index
- 1850 Mortality Census
- 1880 Census Images
- 1900 Census Images
- 1910 Census Images
- 1920 Census Images
- Records of the field offices for the State of Louisiana, Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands, 1863-1872Reel 0042, Labor Contracts (Agreements with Freedmen)
- Records of the field offices for the State of Louisiana, Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands, 1863-1872Reel 0070
- Records of the field offices for the State of Louisiana, Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands, 1863-1872Reel 0071
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Louisiana Land and Property for additional information about early Louisiana land ownership. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse where records are also currently housed.
US General Land Office Records 1796 - 1907 ~ Ancestry.com
- USGW Digital Map Collection ~ USGenWeb Project
- 1895 US Atlas - Caldwell Parish
- Caldwell Parish Topo Maps and Aerial Photos
- Louisiana Military History Online
- Caldwell Parish Civil War Soldiers, Union Army: Census of 1890
- WWII Army & Army Air Forces Casualties
- WWII Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Casualties
- Korean War Casualties
- Korean War MIA
- Roster of Troops in Confederate Services
- Vietnam War Casualties
- Vietnam/Southeast Asia MIA
Louisiana Probate Records ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
211 Jackson Street
Columbia, LA 71418
Phone Number: 318-649=2259
- Louisiana Historical Society
- Louisiana Historical Association
- Family History Library Catalog Holdings
- Periodical Search ~ Ancestry.com
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects
- Louisiana Archives ~ USGenWeb Archives Project *Family History Library Catalog
- Caldwell Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002)Aurora County, Louisiana, p.289
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More