California, County Birth and Death Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: When searching Los Angeles > Los Angeles > Death Index 1957 Vol 28 A-Z, and Los Angeles > Los Angeles > Death Index 1958 Vol 52 A-Z, I get death certificates for the years 1894 and 1895, not the death indexes. Are the death indexes available?
Answer #1: The death indexes are not available online. But they are available on microfilm which you can order and view at your local FamilySearch Center. The film number for both of these indexes is: 1358315. Item 2 on the film contains the 1957 index and Item 3 contains the 1958 index. (See Note Above)
Question #2: I am searching for Death Certificates 1943, no 7540-9600 in the browse point Los Angeles > Los Angeles. Can you help me find them?
Answer #2: Because the word Certificate was not capitalized, it caused this browse point to be located out of order and further down. The images for this browse point are located in the browse point titled Death certificates 1943, no 7540-9600.
Question #3: While browsing through Los Angeles > Death certificates 1956 no 10500-22599, I could not find any death certificates prior to 20500. What is the correct browse point label?
Answer #3: The correct browse point label should read Death Certificates 1956 no 20500-22599.
Question #4: While browsing through Los Angeles > Death indexes, I found mislabeled and missing browse points. What are the correct browse point labels and where can the missing ones be found?
Answer #4: The known mislabeled and missing browse points located in Los Angeles are listed below
- Death index 1921-1923 vol 11, M-Z should read as Death index 1976 K-T
The missing browse point M-Z can be viewed on Film 1358155 Item 2
- Death index 1924-1925 vol 12, A-Z should read as Death index 1976 T - 1977 J
The missing browse points are located on the following film:
Index to deaths, Los Angeles County, California, A-Z, v. 12, 1924-1925 Film 1358155 Item 3-4
- Index to deaths, Los Angeles County, California, A-Z v. 13-14, 1926-1929-Film 1358156 Items 1–4
- Index to deaths,Los Angeles County, California, A-L v. 15, 1930-1931- Film 1358156 Item 5
- Index to deaths, Los Angeles County, California, M-Z, v. 15, 1930-1931- Film 1358157 Item
- Los Angeles, Los Angeles>Death index 1932-1933 vol 16, A-Z only covers A-L
The missing images from M-Z can be found on Film 1358157 Item 3
- Index to deaths, Los Angeles County, California, A-L, v. 17, 1934- Film 1358157 Item 4
See NOTE above for directions on ordering Microfilm and Microfiche.
Question #5: There appears to be a problem with the browse point Los Angeles > Death index 1976-1977 A-Z. The records from T-Z do not appear to be online. Can you help me with this?
Answer #5: There is a problem with this browse path. At image 492 the path shows it has changed to Death index 1921-1923 Vol 11, M-Z though the images are a continuation of the 1976 images through the letter T. The images from T-Z are not online at this time. Until this issue is corrected you can order Film #1358239 into a FamilySearch Center near you and view them there. (See NOTE above).
Question #6: There are death records currently loaded in the Orange, Santa Ana > Births 1918-1920 vol 2 Browse point. Are the birth records available somewhere else?
Answer #6: The images that should be in this browse point can be found on Film 1290118 and can be ordered in to a FamilySearch Center near you. (See Note Above)
Question #7: I cannot find images in some of the browse points in San Benito County. Can you tell me where to find the images for Deaths 1975-1978 Vol. 19 and Deaths 1978-1982 Vol 20?
- The images in Deaths 1975-1978 vol 19 are incorrectly linked to Butte County 1908 records. The correct images can be found on Film # 1908733 and can be ordered in to a FamilySearch Center near you. (See NOTE Above)
- Deaths 1978-1982 vol 20 has a broken link and the images do not load. The images for this browse point can also be viewed on the Film #1908733 by following the instructions above.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: California, County Birth and Death Records, 1849-1994 > Los Angeles, Long Beach > Death Certificates 1904-1911 no 1 – 140 > Image 375 of 1542.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the California, County Birth and Death Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the California. County Birth and Death Records, 1849-1994, collection at FamilySearch.org.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback