California, San Francisco Passenger Lists (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: I have ancestors who traveled on Military ships and were citizens of the United States. The event type on their indexed record is Immigration. Can you clarify that for me?
Answer #1: All persons on the manifests had to be cleared with Immigration and Naturalization Services. The collection descriptions describe these lists simply as passengers. There is often an image at the beginning of the browse points that describes the contents of the manifests such as Alien and Citizen Manifest and declaring that they are a record of manifests of aliens, United States Citizens and crew lists of arriving vessels. In most cases there is a notation on the manifest itself of passengers who were cleared as citizens. If you have concerns, your best resource is to check the original record of the manifest. That may help to clarify the status of your ancestor.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: California, San Francisco, Passenger Lists, 1893-1953 > 420 - Nov 1 - Nov 30, 1951 > Image 584 of 676.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the California, San Francisco Passenger Lists (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the California, San Francisco Passenger Lists, 1893-1953 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 9 February 2015, at 05:15.
- This page has been accessed 477 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News