Campbell County, Georgia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:22, 23 September 2010 by Digster
- Campbell County was formed 20 December 1820 with parts from Fayette, Coweta and Carroll counties and half of DeKalb County which became Fulton County soon afterwards.
- Original county seat was Campbellton, but after the Atlanta & West Point Railroad built through Fairburn, the county seat was transferred to Fairburn.
- Northwest part of the county became Douglas County 17 October 1870.
- Along with Milton County, Campbell County ceased to exist and merged with Fulton County 1 January 1932.
- For records, see Fulton County, Georgia.
- Kenneth K. Krakow, Georgia Place Names (Macon, Ga.: Winship Press, 1975) (FHL 975.8 E2k), 33. WorldCat entry.
- T. S. Arthur and W. H. Carpenter, History of Georgia: From Its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time, Lippincott's Cabinet Histories of the States, Georgia (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1858). (FHL 6117226) Digitized by BYU Family History Archives.
- Robert Preston Brooks, History of Georgia (Boston: Atkinson, Mentzer, 1913) (FHL 6104646) Digitized by Google Books.
- Ellis Merton Coulter, A Short History of Georgia (Chapel Hill, [N. Car.]: Univ. of N. Car. Press, 1933) (FHL 975.8 H2ce). WorldCat entry.
- Clark Howell, History of Georgia (S.l.: S.J. Clarke, 1926) (Book FHL 975.8 D3hc; Film FHL 1000159). WorldCat entry.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News