Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Library and Archives Canada hold the passenger lists (RG 76 C1), the official immigration documents from 1865 to 1935 for the ports of Canada. This database provides access to passenger lists for the ports of Québec (1865-1921), Halifax (1881-1912, to 1922 shortly), Saint John (1900-1912), North Sydney (1906-1908), Vancouver (1905-1912) and Victoria (1905 to 1912).
- Gender (male or female)
- Date of arrival
- Port of arrival
- Name of ship
- Archive reference, volume and page number
- Archive microfilm reel number
- Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935 Indexed, ship lists with images - Free Ancestry online database
- Canadian Immigrants, 1865-1935 Ship list images - Free
- Click Search the Database.
- Type the given name and surname of an individual. Note: you can also type the year of arrival, the name of the port or the name of the ship, if known.
- Click Submit Query.
- Click the square on the left side of the name to see more information.
- When you go to http://www.collectionscanada.ca/immigrants/ you will have the option to choose whether the screens display in English or French.
- The indexes may not include the names of returning Canadians, tourists, visitors and immigrants en route to the United States.
- Click the link for Online Help for information about the site.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News