Cape May County, New JerseyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
7 N. Main Street
DN 109 PO Box 5000
Cape May Court House NJ 08210-5000
1685, court set up; 1692, county given boundaries in West Jersey; 1694, boundaries changed to transfer Great Egg Harbor area to Gloucester County; 1710, boundary changed; 1822, boundary with Cumberland County clarified; 1844, part of Cumberland County added; 1845, 1844 part of Cumberland County returned; 1846, coastal boundary established; 1878, part of Maurice River twp., Cumberland Co., added to Upper twp., Cape May County; 1891, part of Maurice River twp., Cumberland Co., added to Dennis twp., Cape May Co.; 1906, coastal boundary established.
Societies and Libraries
- Cape County Historical Museum and Genealogical Society
- Cape May County Library
- Greater Cape May Historical Society
- The Cape May County NYGenWeb Project, a member of The NJGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Cape May County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Cape May County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Cape May County.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More