Cape May County, New JerseyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:06, 9 October 2010 by Turnerlk
|This New Jersey-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
7 N. Main Street
DN 109 PO Box 5000
Cape May Court House NJ 08210-5000
- 1685, court set up
- 1692, county given boundaries in West Jersey
- 1694, boundaries changed to transfer Great Egg Harbor area to Gloucester County
- 1710, boundary changed
- 1822, boundary with Cumberland County clarified
- 1844, part of Cumberland County added
- 1845, the 1844 part of Cumberland County returned
- 1846, coastal boundary established
- 1878, part of Maurice River twp., Cumberland County, added to Upper twp.
- 1891, part of Maurice River twp., Cumberland County, added to Dennis twp.
- 1906, coastal boundary established.
Societies and Libraries
- Cape County Historical Museum and Genealogical Society
- Cape May County Library
- Greater Cape May Historical Society
- The Cape May County NYGenWeb Project, a member of The NJGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Cape May County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Cape May County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Cape May County.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback