Capel Garmon, Conwy

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
Line 45: Line 45:
*[ Capel Garmon Parish Church] at Clwyd FHS
*[ Capel Garmon Parish Church] at Clwyd FHS
[[Category:County Borough of Conwy]] [[Category:Historic_Denbighshire_Parishes]]
[[Category:County Borough of Conwy]][[Category:Parishes_of_Historic_Denbighshire]]

Revision as of 11:37, 24 May 2013

WalesGotoarrow.pngConwyGotoarrow.pngCapel Garmon



Capel Garmon is a village in the County Borough of Conwy, Wales. The village is part of the community of Bro Garmon.

Before 1974 the village was in the historic county of Denbighshire and, between 1874 and 1996 in the County of Clwyd. In 1996 it became part of the modern County Borough of Conwy.

The former parish church of St Garmon's was originally built as a chapel of ease to the parish of Llanrwst, serving the areas of Garth Garmon and Tybrith Uchaf. Capel Garmon became a separate parish in 1927. The church is now closed.


Years County
before 31 March 1974 Denbighshire
1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996 Clwyd
from 1 April 1996 Conwy


Civil Registration

Church Records

Census Records

Probate Records

Maps and Gazetteers

Web Sites