Carroll County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Carroll County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
1833--Carroll County was created 23 December 1833 from the Choctaw Cession. County records are housed in and Vaiden.
County seat: Carrollton
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Carroll County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
Grace Church, Carrollton
- 1861-1885 - Grace Church, Carrollton, Baptism Index 1861-1885. Batch C714091 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1861-1895 - Grace Church, Carrollton, Marriage Index 1861-1895. Batch M714091 at FamilySearch - free.
Methodist Episcopal Church, Carrollton
- 1870-1885 - Methodist Episcopal Church, Carrollton, Baptism Index 1870-1885. Batch C714081 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1870-1895 - Methodist Episcopal Church, Carrollton, Marriage Index 1870-1895. Batch M714081 at FamilySearch - free.
- Family Maps of Carroll County, Mississippi Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Civil War service men from Carroll County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Carroll County.
- - 1st Battalion, Mississippi Cavalry (Miller's)
- Company C - Carroll Rangers
- - 1st Battalion, Mississippi Sharpshooters
- Company A - Coms Avengers
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Light Artillery
- Company E - Carroll Light Artillery
- Company L - Vaiden Artillery
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company A - Carroll Rangers
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry Reserves
- Company F - Shipp’s Company
- Company G - Coyle’s Company
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi Partisans [Also known as 2nd Partisan Rangers Cavalry/Ballentine’s]
- Company A - Ford’s Company
- - 4th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company C - Red Invincibles
- Company E - Stephens Guards
- Company H - Carroll County Rebels
- - 5th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company A - Mississippi Rangers
- Company B - Trotter’s Company
- Company C - Curtis’ Company
- Company D - Scales’ Company
- - 11th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company K - Carroll County Rifles
Mississippi tax records replace missing censuses and provide lists of residents during years between censuses. There may be gaps of several years. For more information, see Mississippi Taxation.
- 1800-1920 - Marriage Records for Carroll County. Courtesy: MSGenWeb - free.
- 1834-1923 - Carroll County Marriage Books A thru V and 1 thru 7 Index 1834-1923 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Carroll County, Mississippi page 378, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Charles Carroll of Carrollton, Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Carroll_of_Carrollton.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/c/ce/Igimississippia.pdf.
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.