Carroll County, Virginia Compiled GenealogiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Main article: Carroll County, Virginia
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- Carroll County, VA Genealogy Forum, courtesy: GenForum. (0+ messages)
- Carroll - Family History & Genealogy Message Board, courtesy: Ancestry. (0+ messages)
Carroll County, Virginia Surnames (courtesy: Linkpendium) contains links to more than 0 online resources about this county's families, including compiled genealogies.
Compiled genealogies that treat multiple Carroll County families include:
- [Alderman] Spear, Verne Raymond. The Descendants of Jacob Alderman/Oldermann 1777-1821, Germany - Carroll Co., VA. MSS., New England Historical Genealogical Society, Boston, Massachusetts. FHL Collection 1598430 Item 1
- [Bowman] Manley, Iva Bowman and Regina Bowman Manuel. Origins of the Bowmans of Carroll County, Va.: The Bowman Family History. Max Meadows, Virginia: I.B. Manley & R.B. Manuel, 1984. FHL Collection 929.273 B684mi
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795592 Item 5 Includes Carroll County.
- [Lyon] Lyon(s) Family Association of America. Lyon(s) Family Archives, ca.1605-ca.1980: Lyon(s) Individual and Family Files for Various Counties in the State of Virginia. Typescript, 1960-1975. FHL Film 1320853 Item 2
- [Marshall] Marshall, David W. Descendants of Martin Marshall and Allied Families of Calvert County, Maryland, Carroll County, Va. and Forsyth Counties North Carolina. Columbia, South Carolina: D. Marshall, 1994. FHL Collection 929.273 M357md
- [Mabry] See Mayberry.
- [Mayberry] McColman, Ora Belle Mayberry. A Few of the Descendants of Charles Mayberry/Mabry of Grayson (Carroll) Co. VA., 176?-1840. 2 vols. Roanoke, Virginia: O.M. McColman, 1987. FHL Collection 929.273 M451mx
- [Shockley] Prechtel-Kluskens, Claire. "Worrell-Shockley-Bobbitt Connections in Carroll (Montgomery) County, Virginia," Magazine of Virginia Genealogy, Vol. 40, No. 1 (Feb. 2002):19-25. Digital version at Ancestry ($); FHL Book 975.5 B2vs v. 40 (2002).
- [Smith] Cobb, Arnette Smith. To Know One Another: Some Virginia Smiths -- 1738-1985 and Kin: Carroll County, Twelve Generations. A.S. Cobb, 1985. FHL Collection 929.273 Sm51ca
- [Webb] Turner, Ronald Ray. Webb Families of the Virginias. 2007. Available online, courtesy: Raleigh County West Virginia GenWeb.
- [Williams] Cox, Fredora May. Descendants of Enoch Williams and Rachel Davis of Carroll County, Virginia. Typescript. FHL Collection 929.273 A1 no. 5804
- [Worrell] Edwards, Donna Kelly. Ancestors and Descendants of Jonathan Worrell, 1833-1915: Carroll County, Virginia. White Hall, Maryland: D.K. Edwards, 1992. FHL Collection 929.273 W896e
- [Worrell] Prechtel-Kluskens, Claire. "Worrell-Shockley-Bobbitt Connections in Carroll (Montgomery) County, Virginia," Magazine of Virginia Genealogy, Vol. 40, No. 1 (Feb. 2002):19-25. Digital version at Ancestry ($); FHL Book 975.5 B2vs v. 40 (2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More