Cass County, Texas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
Places / Localities
- <a href="Bowie County, Texas">Bowie</a>
- <a href="Caddo Parish, Louisiana">Caddo Parish, Louisiana</a>
- <a href="Marion County, Texas">Marion</a>
- <a href="Miller County, Arkansas">Miller County, Arkansas</a>
- <a href="Morris County, Texas">Morris</a>
Enon Primitive Baptist Church was constituted 7 June 1845, by Elders Spencer, Edwards and Charles Jones, near Havana, in Cass County, fifteen miles west of Line Ferry, on Sulphur River, with the following members: T.J. Foster, Elizabeth Barcraft, Rebecca Kolbe, Malissa Henson, and Bythena Davis. Elders Edwards and Jones preached for thie church, til 1847, when Elder Mark Allen was chosen and served until 1850, at which time Elder Michael Burkhalter was chosen and served til 1860, when Elder Jacob Hering was called and served til 1878, when Elder J.W. Barley was called and served til 1882, at which time Elder J. W. Griffin was called and served til 1893. Elders J. W. and J. S. Griffin, have served the church since 1882. This church passed resolutions of non-fellowship for absolute predestination of all things, including sin and the no change doctrine. This church is one of the pioneer Churches, and desires credit for the stability in the faith and practice of the Primitive Baptists in Texas.
Societies and Libraries
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News