Castle Dale Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 590 W SR 29, Castle Dale UT 84513 United States
- (Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)
Center. 1-435-381-2464, option 4
- 1 435-748-5386
- Elizabeth Thorpe
- Assistant Director: Mary Ann Jorgensen
- Mon.: open 10:00 am. - 1:30 pm
- Tue., Wed., and Thur.: open 10:00 am. - 5 pm (closed 5 pm - 7 pm) open 7 pm - 9 pm
- 'We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness. Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
- Closed entire week of Thanksgiving
- Closed 11 Dec 2015 - 3 Jan 2016
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Many microfilms of Danish records on permanent loan from the Family History Library
- Emery County history books and cemetery records
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Our scanner can save your family photos and documents directly to the Family Search website
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 computer stations
- several microfilm and microfiche readers
- genealogical book collection
- microfilmed Emery County Progress newspapers through 1972
Staff Research Specialties
Our stake has been asked to specialize in the indexing of Italian civil records of births, marriages, and deaths. Staff can help train you or your group in how to index these and other records.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Please contact Elizabeth at 435-748-5386
- This page was last modified on 10 February 2016, at 14:45.
- This page has been accessed 1,073 times.