Chase County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Chase County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Chase County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 11, 1859|
|County Seat||Cottonwood Falls|
|Address|| Chase County Courthouse|
Cottonwood Falls, Kansas 66845-0547
Chase County Courthouse
Cottonwood Falls, KS 66845
County Clerk has birth records 1886-1911 and death records 1886-1910.
Register of Deeds has land records.
Probate Judge has probate records. 
- 1859--Chase County was created 11 February 1859 from Butler and Wise (Old) Counties. County seat: Cottonwood Falls 
Men from Chase County enlisted in the following regiments and companies in the Civil War:
- Regiment 1
- Regiment 2, Companies Fand D
- Regiment 5 Cavalry
- Regiment 6, Missouri
- Regiment 7, Company H
- Regiment 9, Companies B, D, I, M
- Regiment 10, Companies I and Q
- Regiment 11, Companies M and C, Cavalry
- Regiment 15, Company H
- Regiment 17, Company C. Regiments are infantry unless otherwise noted.
Chase County Death and Obituary Index for the period 1863-2005. Index gives name and newspaper date of obituary and provides information ordering a copy.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Chase County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Chase County, Kansas 248 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here