Chelan County, Washington GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
350 Orondo St
Wenatachee, WA 98801
- "Chelan" derives from a Chelan Indian word meaning "deep water,"
- 14 Dec 1872, a very powerful earthquake centered near Lake Chelan was felt over 300,000 square miles, extending from Victoria, British Columbia south past Baker City, Oregon, southwest past Portland, Oregon. There are many small accounts of the quake in historical books and historical newspapers. It triggered additional quakes at the Yellowstone National Park. Aftershocks were observed for next 2 years. Additional information
No new counties created from this county.
Places / Localities
Washington State Digital Archives has a database for Marriage Records.This database is an index to marriage records filed with the Auditor in Chelan County, Washington, from 1900 to 1920. The records contained within this index include Marriage Returns (1900-1910) and Marriage Certificates (1911-1920).
Societies and Libraries
- The Chelan County WAGenWeb Project, a member of The WAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Chelan County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Chelan County. (Mirror site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Chelan County.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News