Chelan County, Washington GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:53, 25 September 2008 by Dsammy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
350 Orondo St
Wenatachee, WA 98801
- "Chelan" derives from a Chelan Indian word meaning "deep water,"
- 14 Dec 1872, a very powerful earthquake centered near Lake Chelan was felt over 300,000 square miles, extending from Victoria, British Columbia south past Baker City, Oregon, southwest past Portland, Oregon. There are many small accounts of the quake in historical books and historical newspapers. It triggered additional quakes at the Yellowstone National Park. Aftershocks were observed for next 2 years. Additional information
- 13 March 1899 Chelan County was created from Kittitas and Okanogan counties.
No new counties created from this county.
Places / Localities
Societies and Libraries
- The Chelan County WAGenWeb Project, a member of The WAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Chelan County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Chelan County. (Mirror site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Chelan County.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More