Cherokee County, Alabama GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1836--Cherokee County was created 9 January 1836 from the Cherokee Cession of 1835. County seat: Centre 
1882 and 1895 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
- Arrington Chapel Cemetery
- Bethel Church Cemetery
- Black Oak Cemetery
- Broomtown Cemetery
- Broomtown-Clark Family Cemetery
- Cedar Bluff Cemetery
- Cedar Bluff-Bankston Cemetery
- Centre-Weaver's Cemetery
- Davis Chapel Methodist Church Cemetery
- Goshen Valley Cemetery
- Henderson Hill Cemetery
- Jamestown-Moseley Cemetery
- Lawrence/Demaris Cemetery
- Lebanon Church of Christ Cemetery
- Piedmont-Taylor's Chapel Cemetery
- Salem Baptist Church Cemetery
- Sandy Springs-Sheepskin Cemetery
- Sardis Hill Baptist Church Cemetery
|Cherokee County, Alabama|
|Sources: "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml. through 1960|
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Cherokee County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News