Cherokee County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Cherokee County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Cherokee County Courthouse
Murphy North Carolina 28906
Clerk Superior Court has divorce records,
Registrar of Deeds has land records
1865, 1895, 1926--Courthouse fires have destroyed many court records.
- Fannin County, Georgia
- Monroe County, Tennessee
- Polk County, Tennessee
- Union County, Georgia
For tips on accessing Cherokee County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- 1869-1934 - Will Books A to B (1869-1934) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb Project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- NCGenWeb Cherokee County - many records of all kinds for the County
- Western NC Genealogy Resource Center - Census, Marriage, Birth & Death records, Cemetery,Military, and various other kinds of records for Cherokee County
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cherokee County, North Carolina. Page 507 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News