Cherry County, NebraskaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Cherry County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
Cherry County Courthouse
;365 N Main Street PO Box 120
Valentine, Ne 69201
County Clerk has marriage and land records.
County Court has probate and court records.
Clerk District Court has divorce records. 
1883--Cherry County was created 23 February 1883 from unorganized territory. County seat: Valentine 
- Bennett County, South Dakota
- Blaine, Nebraska
- Brown, Nebraska
- Grant, Nebraska
- Hooker, Nebraska
- Keya Paha, Nebraska
- Shannon County, South Dakota
- Sheridan, Nebraska
- Thomas, Nebraska
- Todd County, South Dakota
- Tripp County, South Dakota
For tips on accessing Cherry County, Nebraska census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
- Publication from the Economic Development Department with several nice color photos of the area is available at: COMMUNITY FACTS OF VALENTINE, NEBRASKA
- Here is the link to the local library for a catalog and contact information to the local library that contains history of the area: Valentine Public Library. Marianne Beel has done a nice job on several Sandhill area local histories such as "Sand in my Shoes: Four decades of sandhill stories and history" found at the Valentine Public library: .
The Valentine Midland News is the primary newspaper in the area. Information on this newspaper can be found at: Nebraska Press Association
Also, back issues of prior newspapers that have been microfilmed are available; index found at: NebraskaHistory.Org
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cherry County, Nebraska page 429, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Nebraska-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.