Cheyenne County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Kansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Cheyenne County Courthouse
PO Box 985;
St. Francis, KS 67756-0646
Clerk District Court has marriage records from 1886,
divorce, court and probate records from 1892.
Register of Deeds has land records from mid-1800’s
and military discharge records from 1919. 
1873--Cheyenne County was created 6 March 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Francis 
- Cheyenne County was not organized until after the Civil War. No records of men enlisting from Cheyenne County exist.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Cheyenne County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cherokee County, Kansas 249 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News