Cheyenne County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Cheyenne County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.Coordinates:
|Cheyenne County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1873|
|County Seat||St. Francis|
|Address|| Cheyenne County Courthouse|
P.O. Box 985
St. Francis, Kansas 67756-0646
Cheyenne County Courthouse
PO Box 985;
St. Francis, KS 67756-0646
Clerk District Court has marriage records from 1886,
divorce, court and probate records from 1892.
Register of Deeds has land records from mid-1800’s
and military discharge records from 1919. 
1873--Cheyenne County was created 6 March 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Francis 
- Cheyenne County was not organized until after the Civil War. No records of men enlisting from Cheyenne County exist.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Cheyenne County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cherokee County, Kansas 249 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).