Chile Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: I cannot find any microfilms in the Catalog using the Keyword (beta): Chile, Tarapacá, Lluto which corresponds to the browse path Tarapacá>Lluto. Am I doing something wrong?
Answer #1: The correct spelling of the browse path Tarapacá>Lluto is Tarapacá>Lluta. You will be able to find the microfilms in the Catalog using the Keyword (beta): Chile, Tarapacá, Lluta.
Question #2: The final browse points throughout the Chile, Civil Registration collection seem to include more types of records within than is listed in the title (Tipo de registro y años). For example: Concepción > Tomé > Defunciones 1893-1894 also includes births and marriages for 1894. How can I sort this out?
Answer #2: Using your example, in the Catalog Film Notes for Tomé, Concepción Registro Civil, you will find that Film Number 1162165 has three (3) corresponding Film Notes “Notes”:
- Nacimientos 1894-1897 (ítemes 2-6.),
- Matrimonios 1894 (con nacimientos : ítem 2), and
- Defunciones 1893-1894 (con nacimientos : ítemes 1-2).
However, as you pointed out, in the browse path there is only one entry: Concepción > Tomé > Defunciones 1893-1894.
As you can see, in the Catalog Film Notes above, the Item number is listed in the “Notes” section and not beside the Film number itself, as you would normally expect to find it. When the collection was first organized, apparently only one “Note” for each Film number (if the Film number was repeated without a specified Item number) was used as a final browse point. As a result, only one record type shows up in the browse. For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Document 114052, How to use Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window. For example: Chile, Civil Registration, 1885-1903 > Concepción > Tomé > Defunciones 1893-1894 > Image 200 of 269.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Chile Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Chile, Civil Registration, 1885-1903 collection at FamilySearch.org.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More