Chisago County, Minnesota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Chisago County Government Center
313 North Main Street
Center City, MN 55012
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1852, court records from 1880 and divorce records; Probate Judge has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records.
- County seat: Center City 
- For a brief history of how Chisago County was named, click here, then select Chisago County.
Amador Township | Chisago Lake Township | Fish Lake Township | Franconia Township | Lent Township | Nessel Township | Rushseba Township | Shafer Township | Sunrise Township | Wyoming Township
Almelund | Franconia | Palmdale | Rush Point | Stark | Sunrise
Civil War service men from Chisago County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Chisago County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Company M.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company C.
- - 7th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company C.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- North Branch Minnesota Family History Center
- Chisago County GenWeb
- Cyndi's List: Chisago County
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Chisago County, Minnesota page 363, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News