Chittenden County, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Chittenden County Courthouse
175 Main Street, Burlington, VT 05401-8310
Phone: 802-863-3467 802.863.7481
Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death, burial, probate and land records;
County Clerk has divorce records from 1829 and court records from 1798
Towns Organized Before 1800:
St. George 1763,
Created 22 October 1787 from the Colonial lands. 
Chittenden County; 175 Main St; Burlington, VT 05401-8310; Ph. 802.863.7481 Details: (Twn Clks have b, m, d, bur, pro & land rec; Co Clk has div rec from 1829 & ct rec from 1798) Towns Organized Before 1800: Bolton 1763, Burlington 1763, Charlotte 1762, Colchester 1763, Essex 1763, Hinesburg, 1762, Huntington 1763, Jericho 1763, Milton 1763, Richmond 1794, Shelburne 1763, St. George 1763, Underhill 1763, Williston 1763. home.att.net/~local_history/Chittenden-Co-VT.htm
- 5 November 1792, Franklin County set off.
- 1 November 1810, Jefferson County set off (renamed Washington County 8 November 1814.)
- 26 October 1835, Lamoille County set off.
Places / Localities
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records
Military History and Records
Probate files or packets for Chittenden County are now digitized and available at http://labs.familysearch.org/.
Societies,Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- The Chittenden County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project backup site
- Chittenden County Genealogy (Vermont Genealogy)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Chittenden County, Vermont. Page 698 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ WorldCat 50140092 ▲ FHL Collection Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed.] (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002)
|This Vermont-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback