Chittenden County, Vermont GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Chittenden County Vermont genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Chittenden County, New Hampshire|
Location in the state of New Hampshire
|Founded||October 22, 1789|
|Address|| Chittenden County Courthouse|
175 Main Street, Burlington, VT 05401-8310
Chittenden County Website
County CourthouseTown clerks have birth, marriage, death, burial, probate and land records; County clerk has divorce records from 1829 and court records from 1798
Towns Organized Before 1800:
St. George 1763,
Created 22 October 1787 from the Colonial lands. 
- 5 November 1792, Franklin County set off.
- 1 November 1810, Jefferson County set off (renamed Washington County 8 November 1814.)
- 26 October 1835, Lamoille County set off.
Places / Localities
Towns and Cities
- Buel's Gore
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records
Military History and Records
Probate files or packets for Chittenden County are now digitized and available at http://labs.familysearch.org/.
Societies,Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- The Chittenden County VTGenWeb Project, an member of The VTGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project backup site
- Chittenden County Genealogy (Vermont Genealogy)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 698. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 395. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
- ↑ Leclerc, 394.
|This Vermont-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More