Christ Church Parish, Lancaster, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Located near Weems. Christ Church Parish has served Lancaster County, Virginia for over two centuries. It is also known as Great Christ Church Parish (not to be confused with Christ Church Parish in Middlesex County).
Robert "King" Carter helped finance the building of this brick church.
- abt 1670
- Dawe, Louise Belote. "Christ Church, Lancaster County, Virginia," Northern Neck of Virginia Historical Magazine, Vol. 18 (1968).
- "The Early Churches of Northern Neck (Beulah Hinton Marsh)--Aquia Church in Stafford County, Christ Church Lancaster County, Farnham Church in Richmond County, Lamb's Creek Church in King George County, St. Mary's White Chapel in Lancaster County, St. Paul's Church in King George County, Yeocomico Church in Westmoreland County--Baptist Churches of White Marsh in Lancaster, Morattico Baptist, Nomini in Westmoreland, Farnham in Richmond, Hanover Baptist in King George," Northern Neck of Virginia Historical Magazine, Vol. 2 (1952).
- Herndon, Richard T. "The Restoration of Historic Christ Church," Northern Neck of Virginia Historical Magazine, Vol. 24 (1974).
- "John Carter, Robert Carter and Historic Christ Church," Northern Neck of Virginia Historical Magazine, Vol. 52 (2002).
- Mason, George Carrington. "The Colonial Churches of Northumberland and Lancaster Counties, Virginia," The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 54, No. 2 (Apr. 1946):137-151; Vol. 54, No. 3 (Jul. 1946):233-243. Available at JSTOR ($).
- Peirce, Elizabeth Combs. "Saint Marys White Chapell, Parish Church of Saint Marys White Chapell Parish, Lancaster County," Northern Neck of Virginia Historical Magazine, Vol. 5 (1955).
- Rawley, Heath J. "Glebe Lands on Carter's Creek Lancaster County, Virginia," Northern Neck of Virginia Historical Magazine, Vol. 15 (1965).
- Historic Christ Church (official website)
- Christ Church Lancaster, The Historical Marker Database
- Christ Church, The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More