Citation Baby Steps
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
This is the syllabus for one of a series of classes taught by '''[[User:RaymondRS|Robert Raymond]]''' and represents his private opinions. Suggestions for changes should be made on this page's
This is the syllabus for one of a series of classes taught by '''[[User:RaymondRS|Robert Raymond]]''' and represents his private opinions. Suggestions for changes should be made on this page's Discussion page.
= Baby Steps =
= Baby Steps =
Revision as of 23:15, 18 February 2012
This is the syllabus for one of a series of classes taught by Robert Raymond and represents his private opinions. Suggestions for changes should be made on this page's Discussion page.
“Baby steps” is a system of self evaluation and self improvement based on five experience levels. In short, check yourself in the following table. Using what you learn in class today, set an improvement goal with a deadline. When the deadline arrives, repeat. For more information, see “Genealogical Maturity” in the FamilySearch Wiki.
INSERT SYLLABUS HERE.
- Greenwood, Val D. The Researcher's Guide to American Genealogy, 3rd edition. Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1990. In particular, see chapter 4.
- Leary, Helen F. M., ed. North Carolina Research: Genealogy and Local History. 2nd edition. Raleigh: North Carolina Genealogical Society, 1996. The first section is applicable to research anywhere. Because of the cost, I recommend this book only for those doing research in southern states.
- Merriman, Brenda. Genealogical Standards of Evidence: A Guide for Family Historians. 3rd edition. Toronto: Ontario Genealogical Society, 2010. Lacks an index.
- Mills, Elizabeth Shown Mills. Evidence Explained: Citing History Sources from Artifacts to Cyberspace. Second edition. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Company, 2009. To learn more about information, read the 26 pages of chapter 1.
- Rose, Christine. Genealogical Proof Standard: Building a Solid Case. 3rd revised edition. San José, California: CR Publications, 2009.
- Rubincam, Milton. Pitfalls in Genealogical Research. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1987.
- Stevenson, Noel C. Genealogical Evidence: A Guide to the Standard of Proof, revised edition. Laguna Hills : Aegean Park Press, 1989. Using legal terminology is outdated.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News