Clark County, Washington GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Washington-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
27 June 1844: Clark County was formed as an original county in the Oregon Territory as Vancouver County.
3 September 1849: Renamed as Clark County. County seat: Vancouver 
A Jail and Courthouse Burned.
VANCOUVER, Washington, Feb. 25.---this morning the county courthouse and jail were totally destroyed by fire, together with most of the county records. The building was valued at $50,000 and insured for $25,000. The cause of the fire is unknown.
The Salt Lake Weekly Tribune, Salt Lake City, UT 27 Feb 1890
The County Auditor's records, which were in the courthouse destroyed by fire at Vancouver, Washington, have been found in good condition.
The Salt Lake Weekly Tribune, Salt Lake City, UT 7 Mar 1890
Places / Localities
Evergreen Memorial Gardens Cemetery and Funeral Chapel
www.evergreenmemorialgardens.com - (360) 892-6060
City of Vancouver: Park Hill Cemetery
The Old City Cemetery - the Old City Cemetery located at the corner of Grand Blvd. and Mill Plain Blvd in Vancouver.
The Old City Cemetery is a repository of unique genealogical, historical, religious, cultural and societal information. Many of Clark County’s first pioneers and leaders are buried in this cemetery. The Old City Cemetery use began in 1867. Some of the initial interments were graves that were moved from the Old Post Cemetery on the property of the Vancouver Barracks.
CCGS envisions this grant request as the first phase of a longer term effort to restore and rehabilitate the Old City Cemetery. The Historical Promotions grant will provide resources for repair and restoration of stones and markers that have been damaged due to vandalism or through the effects of weather or age.
The Old City Cemetery is owned, managed and maintained by the City of Vancouver.
Fishers Cemetery - 1st Cemetery in Vancouver, WA
Listing of those buried there has been done by the USGS - click here
Images of Fishers and the beach along the Columbia River at this historic spot.
Vancouver Funeral Chapel
www.vancouverfuneralhome.com - (360) 693-3633
Clark Co Cemetery Records Online - Intermet.net
- County Farm Cemetery (Marble Mount Cemetery)
- La Center Cemetery (Mount Zion Cemetery)
- Old City Cemetery
- Sacred Heart Cemetery (Dublin Cemetery)
Clark County Genealogical Society
717 Grand Blvd, Vancouver
- 1849 Territorial Transcription and Index (part of Oregon Census), under the name "Vancouver County"
- 1890 Veterans
Washington State Digital Archives has digitized various types of naturalization-related records, including declarations of intentions, delayed birth files, naturalization affidavits, notifications of application for admission to US citizenship, orders fixing naturalization terms, petitions and records, petitions, receipts for certificates of citizenship, record of final decrees of citizenship and record of petitions dockets. Depending on the county, records range from 1854-1988.
- Marriages from 11 Jun 1840-1 Aug 1903 are available at the Western States Marriage Index website.
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Record Search, no images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence, occupation and certificate numbers.
Societies and Libraries
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News