Clarke County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:43, 28 November 2012 by Ltlbites
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Clarke County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Civil War service men from Clarke County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Clarke County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry Reserves
- Company A - Reynold’s Company
- Company H - McGriff’s Company
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company F - East Mississippi Dragoons, aka East Mississippi Guards
- - 7th Battalion, Mississippi Infantry
- Company D - Mississippi Rangers
- Company E - Mississippi Sharpshooters
- - 7th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company G - Stancill’s Company, aka Garrett’s Company, and aka White’s Company
- - 9th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company B - Miller’s Company
- - 17th Battalion, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company D - Miller’s Company
- - 8th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company D - Moody True Blues [also listed as Co. F]
- Company F - Clarke County [also listed as Co. K]
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Clarke County, Mississippi page 378, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.