Clarke County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Clarke County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Clarke County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Civil War service men from Clarke County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Clarke County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry Reserves
- Company A - Reynold’s Company
- Company H - McGriff’s Company
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company F - East Mississippi Dragoons, aka East Mississippi Guards
- - 7th Battalion, Mississippi Infantry
- Company D - Mississippi Rangers
- Company E - Mississippi Sharpshooters
- - 7th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company G - Stancill’s Company, aka Garrett’s Company, and aka White’s Company
- - 9th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company B - Miller’s Company
- - 17th Battalion, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company D - Miller’s Company
- - 8th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company D - Moody True Blues [also listed as Co. F]
- Company F - Clarke County [also listed as Co. K]
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Clarke County, Mississippi page 378, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More