Clear Creek County, Colorado GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Clear Creek County Courthouse
405 Argentine Street;
Georgetown, CO 80444-2000;
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1862
1 November 1861:Clear Creek County was created as an original county. County seat: Georgetown 
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Clear Creek County, Colorado Genealogy census records online, see: Colorado Census.
Church History and Records
Land and Property
Every Name Index to History of Clear Creek and Boulder Valleys, Colorado. Every Name Index compiled by Cathy L. O'Connor, 2011, original text by O. L. Baskin, 1880, reproduction by Unigraphic, Inc., 1971. EveryNameIndex.com
Colorado State Archives has put an Index to the Clear Creek County Will Records for the years 1950 to 1964 on-line.
Colorado State Archives has put and index to the official records of the Clear Creek County Superintendent of Schools that are in the custody of the State Archives. This record is a hand written document identifying the students who were enrolled in School District #5 in 1874. This district generally encompasses what today is the Idaho Springs area. The information contained in the record generally shows the name of the student, date of the record, and where in the school district the child resided.
Societies and Libraries
Clear Creek Library District
John Tomay Memorial Library
605 Sixth Street
Georgetown, CO 80444
Telephone: (303) 569-2620
Idaho Springs Public Library
219 14th Avenue
P.O. Box 1509
Idaho Springs, CO 80452
Foothills Genealogical Society of Colorado, Inc.
P.O. Box 150382
Lakewood, CO 80215-0382
Family History Centers
- Clear Creek County COGenWeb
- Family History Library Catalog
- Clear Creek County, Colorado Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- EveryNameIndex.com Free online genealogy indexes for those big old county histories.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Clear Creek County, Colorado. Page 97At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).