Clearfield Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Clearfield Utah Family History Center serves the following cities: Clearfield, Syracuse, West Point, Sunset, and Clinton.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 935 South State Street, Clearfield, UT 84015
- Enter by the Northeast (back) side of building.
Phone: 801-774-2188 (answered only during open hours)
- David L. Morse Sr. - 801-773-9115
- Monday: 9am-1pm
- Tue: 10am-2pm; 6-9pm
- Wed: 10am-2pm; 6-9pm
- Thurs: 10am-2pm; 6-9pm
- Friday: 9:00am-1pm
- Closed for the following holidays in 2014:
- Memorial Day (26 May)
- Independence Day (04 July)
- Pioneer Day (24 July)
- Labor Day (01 September)
- Thanksgiving (26-28 November)
- Christmas week (22-26 December)
- New Years week (29 December - 02 January)
Calendar and Events
The following classes will be held at the Clearfield Family History Center at the dates and times indicated. Seating is limited so registration is necessary; register by calling the Center at 801-774-2188 during regular Center operating hours (see above for schedule).
14 Jun 10:00 AM SOURCING in FamilyTree
07 Jul 1:00 PM Organizing Paper Records
14 Jul 1:00 PM Basics of Census Research
19 Jul 10:00 AM Introduction to Personal Family History
21 Jul 1:00 PM Steps to Take in Research
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The center has some books, fiche, and microfilm available on indefinite loan.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
Hardware and Equipment
- This center has computers, microfilm readers, fiche reader, printers, etc.