Clearfield Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Clearfield Utah Family History Center serves the following cities: Clearfield, Syracuse, West Point, Sunset, and Clinton.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 935 South State Street, Clearfield, UT 84015
- Enter by the Northeast (back) side of building.
Phone: 801-774-2188 (answered only during open hours)
- David L. Morse Sr. - 801-773-9115
- Monday: 9am-1pm
- Tue: 10am-2pm; 6-9pm
- Wed: 10am-2pm; 6-9pm
- Thurs: 10am-2pm; 6-9pm
- Friday: 9:00am-1pm
- Closed for the following holidays in 2014:
- Memorial Day (26 May)
- Independence Day (04 July)
- Pioneer Day (24 July)
- Labor Day (01 September)
- Thanksgiving (26-28 November)
- Christmas week (22-26 December)
- New Years week (29 December - 02 January)
Calendar and Events
The following classes will be held at the Clearfield Family History Center at the dates and times indicated. Seating is limited so registration is necessary; register by calling the Center at 801-774-2188 during regular Center operating hours (see above for schedule).
DAY DATE TIME CLASS SUBJECT INSTRUCTOR
J U L Y 2 0 1 4
Sat 19 Jul 10:00 AM Introduction to Personal Family History Page
Mon 21 Jul 1:00 PM Steps to Take in Research (2 hours) Pearson
Sat 26 Jul 10:00 AM Descendency Research (2 hours) Lloyds
Mon 28 Jul 1:00 PM Introduction to Puzzilla Patterson
A U G U S T 2 0 1 4
Wed 06,13,20,27 8:45 AM 4-week series on FAMILYTREE Stangers
Sat 09 Aug 10:00 AM Organizing Records Patterson
Sat 16 Aug 10:00 AM ANCESTRY.COM Byington
Sat 23 Aug 10:00 AM Puzzilla Patterson
Mon 25 Aug 1:00 PM Irfanview / Snipping Tool (2 hours) Pearson
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- The center has some books, fiche, and microfilm available on indefinite loan.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
Hardware and Equipment
- This center has computers, microfilm readers, fiche reader, printers, etc.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
We are looking for volunteers to work shifts throughout the week. All consultants are asked to volunteer one shift, if possible.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News