Cleveland County, Arkansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Cleveland County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||April 17, 1873|
Cleveland County Courthouse
Main and Magnolia Streets; PO Box 348
Rison, AR 71665
County Clerk has marriage records from 1880,
divorce, probate and court records
- 1873--Cleveland County was created 17 April 1873 from Dallas, Bradley, Jefferson, and Lincoln Counties.
County seat: Rison 
See an interactive map of Cleveland County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Cleveland County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Arkansas.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Cleveland County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 66.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 15 August, 2012)
|This Arkansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News