Clinton County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Clinton County Courthouse
211 N Main Street
PO Box 245
Plattsburg, MO 64477-0245
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, court and land records
from 1833 and military records from 1919; Probate Judge
has probate records
See an interactive map of Clinton County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
COUNTY BUILDING DAMAGED
PLATTSBURG, Mo. (AP) - Fire destroyed the top floor of the 80-year-old Clinton County Courthouse here Friday, but county officials say most government records were saved. ... The sheriff said he lost all of his arrest records and a two-way radio system. ... County Collector Carl Joson said the county's tax records could be salvaged because they were kept in a vault, but everything in the office except his brass spittoon was destroyed. ...
The Daily Capital News, Jefferson City, MO 15 Jun 1974
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
Cameron, Missouri. Population over 9,000 (this includes the prison.)
Cameron Memory Gardens. East of Cameron on Grand Avenue or "Old 36 Hwy" This is Cameron's newest Cemetery.
For tips on accessing Clinton County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
Cameron First Baptist Church.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Cameron.
The History of Clinton County, Missouri: containing a history of the County ... (1881) is available online free from Google Books.
A Portrait and biographical record of Buchanan and Clinton counties, Missouri containing biographical sketches of prominent and representative citizens... (1893) is available online free from Google Books. The first part of the book contains biographies of the U.S. presidents. The second part, starting on p.111, contains biographies Buchanan and Clinton county residents.
- Interactive map of Clinton County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Clinton County.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).