Clinton County, Missouri GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Clinton County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Clinton County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 2, 1833|
|Address|| Clinton County Courthouse|
211 N Main Street
PO Box 245
Plattsburg, MO 64477-0245
Clinton County Website
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, court and land records
from 1833 and military records from 1919; Probate Judge
has probate records
See an interactive map of Clinton County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
COUNTY BUILDING DAMAGED
PLATTSBURG, Mo. (AP) - Fire destroyed the top floor of the 80-year-old Clinton County Courthouse here Friday, but county officials say most government records were saved. ... The sheriff said he lost all of his arrest records and a two-way radio system. ... County Collector Carl Joson said the county's tax records could be salvaged because they were kept in a vault, but everything in the office except his brass spittoon was destroyed. ...
The Daily Capital News, Jefferson City, MO 15 Jun 1974
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
Cameron, Missouri. Population over 9,000 (this includes the prison.)
Cameron Memory Gardens. East of Cameron on Grand Avenue or "Old 36 Hwy" This is Cameron's newest Cemetery.
For tips on accessing Clinton County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
Cameron First Baptist Church
St. Ann's, Plattsburg
- 1868-1876 - St. Ann's, Plattsburg, Baptism Index 1868-1876. Batch C511761 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1869-1885 - St. Ann's, Plattsburg, Marriage Index 1869-1885. Batch M511761 at FamilySearch - free.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Cameron
The History of Clinton County, Missouri: containing a history of the County ... (1881) is available online free from Google Books.
A Portrait and biographical record of Buchanan and Clinton counties, Missouri containing biographical sketches of prominent and representative citizens... (1893) is available online free from Google Books. The first part of the book contains biographies of the U.S. presidents. The second part, starting on p.111, contains biographies Buchanan and Clinton county residents.
- Family Maps of Clinton County, Missouri Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Interactive map of Clinton County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Clinton County.
- 1863-1875 - Clinton County Birth Index 1863-1875. Batch C514801 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1865 - Clinton County Birth Index, Volumes B and C, 1865. Batch C514802 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1847-1881 - Clinton County Marriage Books B thru C Index 1847-1881. Batch M514802 at FamilySearch - free.
- 1881-1885 - Clinton County Marriage Book 2 Index 1881-1885. Batch M514803 at FamilySearch - free.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
- 1883-1888 - Clinton County Death Index 1883-1888. Batch B514854 at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Clinton County, Missouri. Page 399 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/5a/Igimissouria.pdf.
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.