Cobb County, Georgia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Georgia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1864 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
The Marietta National Cemetery is the gravesite for 10,172 officers and soldiers who died in defense of the Union 1861 to 1865. This site has the photos of headstones at the graves.
The Brantley Association of America Project has digitized and indexed many records from the Cobb County Courthouse including:
- Marriage Records, 1865 - 1937
- Homestead Book, 1866 - 1928
- Estate Records, 1866 - 1900
- Wills, 1866 - 1918
- Minute Books, 1865 - 1901
- Confederate Pensions, 1891 - 1920
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Cobb County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).