Coffey County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Coffey County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Coffey County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||August 30, 1855|
|Address|| Coffey County Courthouse|
110 S. 6th Street
Burlington, Kansas 66839
Coffey County Courthouse
6th & Neosho
Burlington, KS 66839
Clerk District Court has birth and death records 1892-1910,
marriage records from 1855, divorce, probate and court records from 1857.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1857.
Historical Society and Public Library have cemetery books. 
1855--Coffey County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Burlington 
- Men from Atchison County enlisted in 1st Infantry Regiment, Company A.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Coffey County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Coffey County, Kansas 249 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More