Columbia County, Florida GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Columbia County Florida genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Columbia County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||February 4, 1832|
|County Seat||Lake City|
Columbia County Courthouse
145 N Hernando St; PO Box 2069
Lake City, FL 32055
Clerk Circuit Court has birth records from 1943,
marriage and land records from 1875,
divorce and court recordsc from 1892
and probate records from 1895; Public
Health Unit has birth, death and burial records
1860, 1867, and 1874 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
- Clinch County, Georgia
- Echols County, Georgia
- Ware County, Georgia
- Florida Tombstone Transcription Project - USGenWeb
- Interment.net - Florida cemetery records by County
- Veterans Administration National Cemeteries - Florida National Cemeteries
For tips on accessing Columbia County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
- 1783 Spanish Census - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1821 Census/Tax List Index - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1823 Census/Tax List Index - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1880 Census African Born Blacks and Mulattos - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1885 Florida State Population Census - Includes sex, age, relationship, occupation, place of birth of each family member and parents. Also census for agriculture, manufacture and mortality.
- Federal Census Information from National Archives - USGenWeb Archives Project
- State Census Information from Florida State Archives - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Census of Pensioners Revolutionary Military Service - USGenWeb Archives Project
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Lake City
- 1870 Gray's Atlas Panhandle Portion of State - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1882 Rand McNally Panhandle Portion of State - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Exploring Florida, FCIT Maps, University of South Florida
- Florida State Military Files - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Pension Transcriptions - Florida state pension records from various wars - USGenWeb Pension Project
- Florida Casualties in the Korean Conflict
- Florida Casualties in the Vietnam War
- Florida Obituaries - Obituary transcriptions from Florida counties - USGenWeb Obituaries Project
1845 voters registration list for Columbia County.
Societies and Libraries
- Florida State Historical Societies - Listing by County
- Florida Historical Society
- Florida State Genealogical Society
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Lake City Florida Family History Center
- Lake City, Florida
- Columbia County FLGenWeb
- Columbia County FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- Columbia County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- State of Florida
- Family History Library Catalog
- USGenWeb Project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Columbia County, Florida. Page 133 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).