Comanche County, OklahomaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Comanche County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Comanche County, Oklahoma|
| Map of Oklahoma highlighting Comanche County|
Location in the state of Oklahoma
| Map of the U.S. highlighting Oklahoma|
Location of Oklahoma in the U.S.
|Address|| Comanche County Courthouse|
305 SW 5th Street
Lawton, Oklahoma 73501
1901--Comanche County was created in 1901 from Kiowa-Comanche-Apache and Wichita-Caddo lands.
County seat: Lawton 
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Lawton newspapers that covered local news on Comanche County residents. This database is free at some libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Comanche County, Oklahoma. Page 558 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).