Community Wiki Support Meeting 17 April 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 9:00 am. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
- Blake Reneau
- Jana Stokes - helping with Utah content
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
- Maintenance status - Good progress, but pages with Unresolved Issues need attention. Do we need a committee to work on these, or make assignments to specific people? Should this topic be better in Content, rather than Administrative?
Maintenance Report - Sandra
- Uncategorized pages are down to about 800. Most of the rest are indexing pages that we can't control.
- Many of the other categories are at zero and progress is being made.
- Unresolved pages - some may not be able to be resolved.
- What is the process for handling Unresolved pages?
- Our team may not be able to address some of these issues. We can bring them into the open to get more discussion on them.
- We might make simple changes if there is a consensus on the page.
- We can build consensus by posting on the Talk page or in Forums - or post to several other user talk pages for opinions
- Ask someone else to take a look at it and get opinions - especially for older posts.
- Some pages may need to be addressed in our 1:00 meetings.
- Ken will deal with the England unresolved pages
- Family History Centers - Lee has been contacting some about their pages and Talk pages.
Improve the Wiki
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More