Community Wiki Support Meeting 20 December 2012Edit This Page

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
m (new agenda)
 
m (added content)
 
Line 33: Line 33:
 
Maintenance report - Sandra  
 
Maintenance report - Sandra  
  
Blogs to follow, etc. - Lee  
+
Started a committee working on categories (5) Training has been done and a google doc has been created so that progress can be followed.  There are plans for future training.  We will be contacting people who haven't put categories on their pages and ask them to add the categories.  We need a template that we can put on their Talk pages to remind them.  
 +
 
 +
Blogs to follow, etc. - Lee -&nbsp;http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/2012sharingstrategy_1.pdf<br>
 +
 
 +
 
  
 
<br>  
 
<br>  
Line 44: Line 48:
  
 
=== Wiki Project  ===
 
=== Wiki Project  ===
 +
 +
Ideas for unconferencing sessions at Rootstech:
 +
 +
*The value of the Wiki - how do we get the word out?
 +
*Present some case studies - show people how they can have success using the Wiki
 +
*Invite historical societies, etc. before the event - to come to a session - breakfast meeting with pastries, drinks - Diane Loosli would be the one to contact. (Jane will contact her). and ask her about So. Davis Family History Conference
 +
*Then we would need to know who is coming so that we could invite them.&nbsp;
 +
*Invite bloggers
 +
*FamilyHistory conference in April in Bountiful (So. Davis Family History Conferenct) - will FamilySearch have a rep there? &nbsp;James Tanner? &nbsp;
 +
*
  
 
::<br>
 
::<br>

Latest revision as of 16:44, 20 December 2012

MeetingPlace ID: 3232; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266  9:30 am. Mountain time on Thursdays

  • You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
  • Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.

Purpose of the meeting

Improve the Wiki

  • Forge solutions with other community contributors.
  • Share best practices, ideas, and content.
  • Discuss current issues, community matters, and strategies.
  • Move issues to decision.



Contents

Meeting Agenda

Introduce new members


Kudos go to ...

Updates and follow up

Maintenance report - Sandra

Started a committee working on categories (5) Training has been done and a google doc has been created so that progress can be followed.  There are plans for future training.  We will be contacting people who haven't put categories on their pages and ask them to add the categories.  We need a template that we can put on their Talk pages to remind them.  

Blogs to follow, etc. - Lee - http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/2012sharingstrategy_1.pdf



Business/Announcements

Improve the Wiki

Wiki Project

Ideas for unconferencing sessions at Rootstech:

  • The value of the Wiki - how do we get the word out?
  • Present some case studies - show people how they can have success using the Wiki
  • Invite historical societies, etc. before the event - to come to a session - breakfast meeting with pastries, drinks - Diane Loosli would be the one to contact. (Jane will contact her). and ask her about So. Davis Family History Conference
  • Then we would need to know who is coming so that we could invite them. 
  • Invite bloggers
  • FamilyHistory conference in April in Bountiful (So. Davis Family History Conferenct) - will FamilySearch have a rep there?  James Tanner?  



 

Need wiki, indexing, or website help? Contact our product teams.


Did you find this article helpful?

You're invited to explain your rating on the discussion page (you must be signed in).

  • This page was last modified on 20 December 2012, at 16:44.
  • This page has been accessed 438 times.